Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance the Vaq

holey dollar

Hi Guys, hope all is going ok for you all,
Read one of Monte's posts regards Ground Balance, in short are we better off doing the GB on Earth(bare soil).
I have thought about this in the past, if you scrape the scrub away, leaves, etc etc etc it does make a difference to the Ground Balance to go to bare Earth.
But my thoughts are I'm hunting the area say in a wood Etc, would i not be better ground balance the Vaq to what I'm hunting in leaves and all ???.
Monte if you read this hope you can point me in the right direction,
Many Thanks
Dave, Holey Dollar.

[size=medium]for the ground you're hunting. By "ground" we refer to the mineralization of the area, and that doesn't include leaves, twigs, pine cones, weeds, and other vegetation sources.

However, when you get to a site you want to hunt, the most important thing to do is make sure you have a "FUNCTIONAL" ground balance. That can be done by balancing to the surrounding ground to make sure you haven't adjusted it over a metal target, etc.

Once you find a target, recover it and check the spot for any other metal, then you'll have some native dirt to double check your GB setting. At that point, it is important to make sure the GB adjustment is not too negative (which can produce falsing in the motion Discriminate mode) or too positive (which can have a negative effect on depth of detection and other concerns due to adjusting for too much bias to the ground.

Monte

Questions? Shoot me an E-mail to: MonteVB@comcast.net[/size]