Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance number questions

petew

On my f75ltd 2,most ground balance for me is in the 60 to 63.one spot it ground balanced at 71,but 99 percent of the time it's low 60s.
Here's my question, I was thinking about a 10 inch conentric coil,is my ground highly mineral considering my g.b. numbers?
I heard the concentric are better for parks,and bottle caps

On my F75's the GB #'s was close to yours.10" concentric GB'd really nice, and had great depth and bottle cap elimination.. Worked well on my F70 to..

I liked it better than the 11" DD on the F-75..........

One thing to remember.............. Make certain you GB in clean ground.If you can't just leave GB at Pre-set.. You will do better rather than have a completely bad GB from some item in the ground.....Why I don't know. Unless the pre-set is
mid set some way in factory settings.. It can account for several inches more in depth with either coil having a good GB.

How do you get a preset ground balance on a f75ltd?
And when you manually ground balance do you do it in all metal,then switch to disc?

The ground balance number actually tells the type of mineralization. The FeO bar graph tell the amount of mineralization. HH jim tn

reset to factory specs..Then do not GB machine..Turn on and hunt..

To manually ground balance that must be done from the all metal side, it is a menu item down close to the bottom. When you scroll down to the ground balance it will give you the preset number if you have done a factory rest as Elton suggested. You will find the preset is a pretty high number and if you hunt like that you may have some problems when you go to pinpoint. You may get some ground feed back.

I have had a F75 for 5 years now and I have never seen the need to do a manual ground balance, always been able to fine a clean spot and do the ground grab, ground balance.

Ron in WV