Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance Help/ Please

D Wes

I must say it is a big difference from a Minelab Sov. or any other machine I have used. I love it, have allot to learn. I was not able to
ground Balance in my yard, (front or back) I tried to Manual Balance it
but still dont believe I did so well, could not find any clean ground.
It is Lightning Fast and I picked up so many coin signals next to Iron
that I was awestruck, My friend and I have hunted my yard hard. My wife is making me reseed it this Fall. Its a 2 story House built in 1898 and full of Iron. Tomorrow I will be digging allot. Please Help, any will be great. Used Preset settings with a 2+ Tone.
D Wes

I have run into that problem as well with a trashy site for ground balancing. You just have to keep wandering till you find a clean spot. Sometimes across the road then come back to hunt after the ground balance is done. A clean GB makes all the difference with this machine for performance.

When you do find a place to get a good GB take note of the Ground Phase Number. Check a few different locals in your area. If the number is consistant (within 3 - 5 numbers) then use this as a point of reference. When you are in an area that you can't ground balance in, just manually set it to that number. However, use good judgement. Remember, sometimes you will not be able to GB do to low mineral content (see the manual)or bad soil conditions. According to the manual you should be able to "turn -on-and-go" at the default setting while hunting in the Disc. mode.

Good Luck! :cool: