Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greeting's from Poland ;)

Witcher

Hi guys!
I'm using Quattro since 2005.
I really love this forum.As you can see my English is poor(I hope everyone handle this ;) ).
I'd like too share with you some of my best finds from Poland.
At first this Roman denarius (Verus).It was found with 8" DD Minelab Coil (witch is very helpful in high trash field's) about 7" deep.
Sorry for low quality photo...Next time I'll do my best,

Witcher

THX Golden.I wonder whats happen with all this Quattro user's witch i seen here before?. Every one give up and buy EX?
Or there is nothing more to write about the Quattro? ;).
Personally i really love this machine.Some time ago I heard how to improve speed of the Quattro -it's all about processor.I've heard it is possible to use this one from EX SE.Right now I'm hunting for one of this.But it's hard to get one in Poland. Minelab in Ireland and Australia ignore my @...I wonder why? :p

Hello Witcher, I was wondering the same thing for a while about this fourm. Seems to have gone quiet. Gets kind of discouraging. As for me, I still get out detecting quite a bit and found some really great and usual relics. I just don't want to be on of a few posting all the time, without much reply.
Golden:rolleyes:

You are doing great job on this forum. Thanks people like you lots of folks around whole world start to MD'ing.
Before I buy my firs detector (Polish GeoScan- terrible machine :D ) I reed lots of MD forums. One of my favorite was Findmall.So...Don't give up Golden ! ;)

Witcher, I own a Quatro too, but it's in the pawn shop right now, but I'll get it back out for sure in a couple of months. I won't let them have it at the pawn shop, it's too expensive and too good of a detector. I can't say enough about the Quatro either, I think it compares very closely with the EX, from all I've read and heard, and that, to me is one of the highest end detectors, in my opinion you could even compare it with, although, I know there's people who would disagree with me, but all I'm trying to say is I think the Quatro is a GREAT, detector, and it sure satisfies all my needs right now for a detector. All that said, I just wanted to "chime in" here, in a sense, and say, I'm sorry too, the responses have dwindled so much on the Quatro site, but, I'm still glad we all have the Finds forum with all it's different sections, and with the ability to share our experiences with other detector users from around the world. You have found some absolutely amazing finds. I'll bet they're very old, and I doubt we could even find those kinds of coins here in the United States. I live in San Diego, California, USA. Good to have you aboard the Finds Forum and keep up the great finds and pictures. Marc Trainor.

Thank you for answer backstyder! I also think Quattro its real good machine. Some of my friends use EX (II,SE), but in my area i don't see any differents between this detectors.Of course EX have more "bells" but I don't relay like this stuff ;)...I'm simply mean and i need simply detector, if you know what i mean :p

Wow, beautiful coins Witcher! Are they made of silver? What's the image of a person of, the one where they're holding something in their hands? Can you tell me a bit about the history of the coin? I dream of finding coins like that!
Golden:detecting:

Hello Golden!
Coins are from silver. Firs two= Hardrian ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian ), last one Marcsu Aurelius ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Aurelius ).
Characters from revers are most of the time Roman Deities(symbolizing stuff like courage ect.)

Yea, witcher, I know what you mean. I think Golden prefers the Quatro also, even over the Explorer. (I'm not absolutely sure of that), but we've talked and chatted a lot over the past few years, and she's had tremendous success with it, and knows it inside out. I've studied both the Quatro, (which I own), and read the owners manual of the Explorer a few times, and the main thing that I see about the Explorer, that the Quatro doesn't have is what I call the double numeric system. Where as the Quatro gives you one numeric readout for either conductive or ferrous content, the Explorer gives you both at the same time. I can see where this might be able to give you "more" information on whether or not to "dig" the buried object or not, but when it all boils down to it, I think the Quatro is extremely accurate on it's one numeric reading, and you of course can also use the different audio settings to give you even more information. As far as depth, I've read many reviews from owners who owned both detectors, and one of those owners even thinks the Quatro "might" even go a little deeper on the beach. I know I've dug a few penny's in wet beach sand at about a foot deep with the standard coil. In my opinion, it doesn't get too much better than that, unless you put on a bigger coil, and then you "might" lose a little sensitivity, but the other great feature of Quatro, for me is it's ability to almost completely eliminate, spurious noises from mineralized beach sand and salt water. Some of my old detectors were horrible in that area, but my Quatro is almost silent on that stuff. When you add the possibility of "notching" out specific numbers which of course correspond with different types of metals, you've got a detector that's almost second to none in my eyes. I know a lot of the DFX owners might not agree with me, but I still can't say enough good things about the Quatro. It just does the job and in my opinion, it does it very well. Take care, and glad to have you aboard the forum. Hope to hear more from you in the future, and love to see those great pictures of your finds. To me that's a huge part of this forum or any forum for that matter, is that it gives us all the ability to not only talk about this stuff, but share pictures of our treasures we find. Almost like show and tell back in grade school (huh Golden). I'm ribbing Golden a bit, just to make sure she's still reading our posts here. I'll bet I got a laugh out of her.. Take care. Marc Trainor (backslider)

Hey Marc, you did get a laugh out of me and yes, I'm still reading the posts here! I do prefer the Quattro over the Explorer 2. The Explorer is a great machine, guess it's just what I'm used to. The thing I like about the Quattro is that it simplifies the hunt and you tend to dig up more targets. With the Explorer, (some of the Explorer users may disagree regarding their hunting methods), I've observed some Explorer users will rely a little too much on the numerical readings to tell them what's in the ground and whether or not to dig, and some have walked away from signals they thought were nothing, and I've at the same time run my Quattro over the same signal and recovered a relic. Just as with the Quattro, you need to get used to reading the signals the Explorer gives and rely on your mind to decipher a potential target. I can say that in almost every instance that I here a signal in the ground what coins it might be, or the type of relic I'm likely to dig up, depending on the type of site I'm hunting. On one site on the goldfields, you get a hell of a lot of the old Martini Henry bullets, some are squashed, others very damp, others are completely intact empty shell casings, and for each of those significant differences, the readings can be slightly different, pertaining to the condition of the target. So you learn in time and after a lot of hunting the same site, what the signal is telling you about what's in the ground. I've found the same thing with coins, buttons and even the usual goldfields buckles. In a totally new site though, you may still find a few signals that you recognise from your old site, but new signal will also be there. So the learning experience goes on. But from what I've learned prior on all my old sites (still talking about goldfields), I can put it into use to help me tell what is likely to be in the ground, when getting a signal that I know will be something worth digging. At the end of the day, as I've always stated, if you're not sure of anything, just dig everything. You'll learn a heck of a lot from that.
Witcher, thanks for the link, will check it out. I think I just watched a movie on TV last week, some Roman movie and a Marcus Aurelius was in it!!!!
Golden:detecting::)

Glad your still getting on this forum Golden. I know it's been slow, but it looks like it's picking up a bit in the Quatro section, and I have to admit, it's still fun to read what other Quatro owners are up to, and it's really fun to hear what the newer Quatro owners think about things. Glad I got "your goat" and I really thought of you a while back while I was watching one of these "reality show" programs about quirky stuff that happens to people. They had this guy chasing a kangaroo around a neighborhood with regular houses and grass lawns and stuff. I'm almost sure it was somewhere in Australia. Well they ended up getting the animal control guys out there and they couldn't catch it, because it was so agile and fast. It was pretty funny till the kangaroo landed on this guys leg or something. I think it might have cut him or something, but I think they finally caught the kangaroo and turned him lose. I don't think I'd wanna mess with one, even though they really "look" cute, I guess they can really mess you up sometimes. At any rate, great to see you on here on the forum and I'm so impressed with your expertise, especially in the audio arena with Quatro. I'm a really numbers guy, but I know darn well that'll only get you so far. I know I've had nickels come in at 15, but had pull tabs come in at 15 also, sometimes, and for the life of me, I couldn't seem to tell the difference even in the ferrous mode, but our buddy Mike from VA, says he can tell the difference in the audio, so he knows weather it's worth digging or not. I guess it just takes tons of practice, patience, persistence, and really focusing on the sound of the audio, to develop that kind of skill that you and he have. My hat's off to you both, and great to have you aboard here. Marc.