Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greetings from a Sovereign newbie!

John OH.

Hi everyone!

First, I want to thank all of the folks on this board who's post made my transition to the Sovereign a pleasurable one.

I was swinging a Garrett GTI 2500 and making great finds, but issues between my shoulder and elbow forced me to get a much lighter system. So I figured a hip-mount was in order and went with the Sov.

I read every post here for days so I could gather as much knowledge as possible before my machine arrived. Things started off slow but I came around quick and am still learning this wonderful machine.

Here are some of my better finds from the last 2 months I've had the Sov.

Cheers!
John

14Kgreatdane.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Goshenpark45merc.jpg

1897IHC.jpg

14Kdiamondring.jpg

Picture028.jpg

1853quarterobv.jpg

1853quarterrev.jpg

44Wash.jpg

Yes! I can now swing for hours on end without pain. I am making good deep finds in parks that have been pounded by Th'ers. A couple of times I had to ask myself do I really want to dig this deep?! I had to learn to really slow my swinging down from my old machine, but this I feel is part of the equation to making good finds.
It's a lot simpler to use than the GTI.

I have no complaints really.

Glad to hear it. Some good finds there.

What do you have for a detector and coil setup? Do you feel it's right for your hunting?

HH

[quote Art (NWOH)]Glad to hear it. Some good finds there.

What do you have for a detector and coil setup? Do you feel it's right for your hunting?

HH[/quote]

I have an original Sovereign with a Coinsearch coil and a BBS 1000 coil. Have an S-1 probe also but don't use a meter. The meter isn't quite as important to me as I tend to be a "digg'em all and let my eyes do the discrimination" kinda guy. There are a few beaches on lakes around that I want to try. Never done a water hunt before. So I think the Sov. is gonna suit me just fine.

HH

Sounds good.

Try to get the motion right so your ears can discriminate for you.

Keep the Coinsearch out of the water. OK to get the BBS wet.

Very good detector if you adapt to it.

Have fun and keep on working with it.

HH

I love to find a love token such as yours as it is a find that is very rare to find.

Good luck, you have the detector that will find the coins others have missed.

Rick

Thanks Rick,

That love token just came out of the ground Saturday. I am still floored at having found it!

HH

where ever that seated love token came from ........thats where I would be , finds like that are not easy to come by , dude, indian heads and seateds you have found the spot ............

...every so often to make sure that the coil cover hasn't popped over the lip. Mine cracked when that happened, but fixing it was easy. I have gotten so used to my 10" tornado coil, that I use it all the time now. If you don't use a meter, then get yourself a good pair of headphones. You will be amazed at how much more you will hear.
Congrats on the great finds.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

fod :)