Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Vaca... Part three... (sorry for the wait)

Ron J

Our next stop was my Uncle Anthony's, also in Provincetown. We only need to drive down the road,10 minutes. When we arrived,there was no one home! So we decided to hang around a few minutes. sure enough my Uncle pulled in shortly. He wasn't expecting this visit. He recognized Al,and myself. He never met Judy or Rod,nor my daughter Wendy! He may have when she was 7? He was indeed surprised!! You could see the excitement in his eyes! What a thrill! Rod was asking questions regarding family,so Uncle Anthony,pulled out some family photos. We stayed quite busy,exchanging information,telling family story's,and snapping photos! [attachment 70105 JudyRodProvincetown069.jpg] Here is my Uncle,82 years old,and of course,plenty of hair! He resembles my Dad alot, the cheeks,the white hair! Next is Judy,Rod,and my brother Al. My Uncle is a retired fisherman. He was owner,ans Captain, of the dragger, Plymouth Belle. He owned a second boat for awhile,but kept the Belle. I think he owned her since the late forties to the mid eighties. Here is her spare prop,in his driveway.[attachment 70106 JudyRodProvincetown081.jpg] Here he his,in his early years,on the right.[attachment 70107 JudyRodProvincetown075.jpg] Here she is,coming into port..[attachment 70108 JudyRodProvincetown085.jpg] He's in his glory,just like my Dad was,when talking to a pretty woman! [attachment 70109 JudyRodProvincetown080.jpg] I learned a lot,during this visit, He mentioned how he had joined the Navy,of course,during the War,but was put into the Army!! That day,the Navy recruiter,had met his quota,so they "informed him" sorry, Army time. He tried to put up a stink,but the Officers scared the hell out of him,so in the Army it was. He hated it! Well it was getting late,and we still had one more stop! We needed to visit, one more family. My Brother Louie,(deceased),had a daughter,living around Dennis,also on the Cape. We arrived there around 7:00, but they knew we were coming. Thats kinda late,specially when you have 9 Kids! Yousa! We were greeted with open arms!! Many of them!!:) Denise,and Bill are great people,and you can see they have a very loving family, all daughters, i believe. Everyone had a great time there also. Judy couldn't believe there were so many relatives on the Cape!! My three grandsons,felt right at home,after a few minutes! They never met any of the kids before either.Here is most of the crew,sitting with Judy and Allen.[attachment 70110 JudyRodProvincetown087.jpg] We finally,with regrets,headed home around 9:00,with a two to two and half hr ride. At least traffic would be light. It was an exhausting,but extremely exciting day! Ready to do it again,any time!! There is much much,i could write about the day trip,but i have other stories too show everyone! Hope you enjoyed the "visit" as much as we did!! Rj Thanks for reading it! :cheers:

You really have a large family out there. Tell ya, I really like that coffee table made from a ships wheel. Thanks for the great 3 part post.

Geo-CT

It appears that this visit for information is just the tip of the iceberg...you seem to have a very interesting family. Also, thanks for posting the picture of the old fishing boat and of your Uncle. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

Sadly,many times the only time I see family members who were so dear to me growing up is at funerals.Thanks for sharing!

lots of fun meeting family that you had not seen in years.

Your uncle sure looks good for 82!!