Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Minelab find

Divin

Here is a great find posted on the Minelab site. If you get a chance click on the link and look at the pics of the coin. Looks new even though the coin dates back to 1337. Kudos to Alwin from the Netherlands!

Alwin (3:geek: and I'm from the Netherlands. Look what I found yesterday! A medieval gold Phillipe VI (1328-1350) ecu d'or a la chaise from 1337. My first gold coin ever! I was searching with my mate both using the Minelab Equinox 800 on this lovely sunny day. Before we started we made jokes about finding a gold coin someday. On this cornfield we searched, the finds were really bad. Not a single coin and just trash with small pieces of lead, tin cans and iron. In the distance I saw a bird landing on the field. Walking towards this bird I saw a birdsnest with 4 eggs on the ground. I didn't want to disturb it so I walked around the nest. About 10 meters further I got a vdi-signal of 15/16 and thought that it would be another piece of rubbish again. While digging on a depth close to 30 cm, I checked my vdi again and it was now a perfect 19. I saw something shiny in this sticky clayground and when I picked it up I just couldn't believe my eyes. I yelled to my mate that I found something good and he walked towards me. He looked at me and kept saying that I was making a joke and reached his hand to look at my find. When he saw it and also my open mouth while sitting trembling and laughing on the ground, he knew I wasn't playing him. We were absolutely shocked and kept talking about it while heading back to our cars. When I got home I just cleaned it with water and it was in a perfect shape! I showed it to my girlfriend and gave it a nice place with the rest of the things I found in previous sessions. It doesn't get better than this and I'm totally over the moon with this find of my life!

https://www.minelab.com/usa/community/success-stories/find-of-my-life

Congrat's to you on the save of the Gold Coin. This for many would be a once in a lifetime find. I'd be over the moon too. Well Done sir.
It wasn’t me, just reposted it. Definately would like to find something like that…

Here is a great find posted on the Minelab site. If you get a chance click on the link and look at the pics of the coin. Looks new even though the coin dates back to 1337. Kudos to Alwin from the Netherlands!

Alwin (3:geek: and I'm from the Netherlands. Look what I found yesterday! A medieval gold Phillipe VI (1328-1350) ecu d'or a la chaise from 1337. My first gold coin ever! I was searching with my mate both using the Minelab Equinox 800 on this lovely sunny day. Before we started we made jokes about finding a gold coin someday. On this cornfield we searched, the finds were really bad. Not a single coin and just trash with small pieces of lead, tin cans and iron. In the distance I saw a bird landing on the field. Walking towards this bird I saw a birdsnest with 4 eggs on the ground. I didn't want to disturb it so I walked around the nest. About 10 meters further I got a vdi-signal of 15/16 and thought that it would be another piece of rubbish again. While digging on a depth close to 30 cm, I checked my vdi again and it was now a perfect 19. I saw something shiny in this sticky clayground and when I picked it up I just couldn't believe my eyes. I yelled to my mate that I found something good and he walked towards me. He looked at me and kept saying that I was making a joke and reached his hand to look at my find. When he saw it and also my open mouth while sitting trembling and laughing on the ground, he knew I wasn't playing him. We were absolutely shocked and kept talking about it while heading back to our cars. When I got home I just cleaned it with water and it was in a perfect shape! I showed it to my girlfriend and gave it a nice place with the rest of the things I found in previous sessions. It doesn't get better than this and I'm totally over the moon with this find of my life!

https://www.minelab.com/usa/community/success-stories/find-of-my-life
I know it was Not your post about finding Gold coins... But sharing this was very nice. It's been said, that finding a gold coin for a metal detector happens once every 12 years. I hope I live long enough to accomplish this journey.

Nice find I saw that story I post on the Minelab website a bit its very neat to see all the finds out there..
Mark