Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great evening out at old1890's private yard :jump: (kinda long) Grumpy

Grumpyolddiver

Well had a great evening out untill the blood suckers came out.First hit was a 1909 wheaty.Then alittle farther into the yard I got a good high tone and dug the1897 Barber dime put the plug back in and crapp still had a high tone in the hole second coin in the hole was the 1889 seated dime.When will I learn to check the hole before filling it.???After about 10 or so newer coins I got the 1898 Indian head,then 1935P,1937D wheaty's.Man then the blood suckers came out in force.But finished up with the best.A 1857 seated dime.fairly warn.Had a great time out with the Etrac but had lots of signals that were to deep to go after with the lady of the house looking on.And they were real iffy.The deepest coin was the IH at almost 9". I feel like the machine is working good but I don't understand it very well.I feel like its talking greek most of the time.I'm getting readings or numbers all over.So I've only been digging the ones that pinpoint close to where the origal sound comes in at.If I ever get to really understand it who knows??? Been a long time since I've had this much fun in the dirt. Grumpy

Tremendous day out. Thanks for the story and pic.

Rich

n/t

Awesome Grumpy! Most of the time when there is a coin there, the E-Trac locks right on it and lets you know. Congratulations on the coins!! Your story was long at all!

NebTrac

W-O-W!!!!!!!:surprised: what a day i would of been happy with just one of the seated dimes let alone 2 seated dimes, a barber, and an injun!!!!!:thumbup:

weston

what were those Barbers and seateds coming in at for their CO numbers?
thanks.

A two Seated Liberty Dime hunt - Amazing!

WOW,what a hunt,you will remember that one forever.
Congrats,thanks for sharing.
LabradorBob

I grew up across the street from this house and new the people very well.(I could get cookies from even the most hardened Grama at will) :bouncy: I even found there sons class ring under the clothes line with the latest detector of the time.My trusty Whites 66T (1972?)and pulled out wheat pennies Indian Heads and several barber dimes. My sisters are in town from Dover Deleware and Worster Massachusetts and they were talking about the days way back when and got me thinkin hey I know this Ertac will go at least alittle deeper. ;) .Someone was asking about the #s well the one on the right was from 43-46 and I think the IH was in the 30,s.I am still trying to figure out the left #s but they bounce so much as to be less reliable than I would hope for.I know it may not be right on and I do dig more junk than I care to ,but if I can keep getting silver and deep coins I guess the rest will come soon enough.Hopefully I can get out with someone that knows why it makes such strange sounds and get the goodies that are near the junk. Grumpy

Way to go! Beautiful finds. I sure would like to hunt along side some of you guys and pick up some of your techniques and knowledge.

How do you mean by " with the lady of the house looking on"?

Nice finds! Congratulations on getting all those nice coins in one short hunt. Keep us posted if you find some more goodies at this site. Happy hunting.

People sometimes don't realise that that big hole will (atleast most of mine) vanish when I'm done.( She was out mowing when I drove up)When I'm done you very seldom can see that I've been there at all.And if I can't do that in a private yard I won't dig it.It keeps the door open to comeing back and leaves a better impresion for the next guy or gal that comes along.Now haveing said all that......I'm not perfect. Shhhhh my wife could be listening.:bouncy: Atleast I've never been asked to leave a yard for bad holes ect. and I hope never to have that happen. Grumpy