Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Day:thumbup:

Royal

We went out on the river today and it could not have been better. It was warm and there were no bugs. There was a nice breeze.

We usually spend our time cleaning the river of bottles, cans and any trash we can find. Today we got a bonus. 17 full cans of beer, the last time we found 14. Drunks tipping over and leaving the reason for said tip over :D

We came home after 51/2 hours on the river and quickly cleaned up and went to town to listen to a bluegrass band on the city hall lawn. They were good and I enjoyed it.

As we got home I looked out back and saw this sucker. Man this guy has potential but he sorta embarassed me a bit. He was out there a posing and not scared of me at all and I was trying to get a decient shot but it was almost dark and I had to put the camera in night mode. This slows the crap out of the shutter so I had to go to tripod. I finally got it rigged up and opened the doorwall and he just looked at me. I took a few shots, none of which thrill me and then a big doe came in and started kicking the crap out of this big sissy. He just ran away from the old gal, much like me with Mary and she would not let him back. What a girlie man :(

It is the biggest rack that I have ever seen out here. It is only a six point right now and I have seen 8 pointers but this sucker has a ways to go. He sure won't last deer season.

Lousy as the pictures are, I thought some might like to see them.

[attachment 97532 IMG_6297-web.jpg]

[attachment 97533 IMG_6309-web.jpg]

[attachment 97534 IMG_6312-web.jpg]

[attachment 97535 IMG_6320-web.jpg]

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a day. Nature at its best. It should cool here tomorrow. About time. Its still 82 here now and its quarter to 11 at night. Real high humidity also so that makes it a lot worst. It was bad enough to keep me off the bike tonight. Air quality was in the danger zone also. I just tinkered inside today.

Neat shot of the buck. Looks like the horns are still in velvet in the 3rd one. Hopefully he will be back later in the year so we can seem him in full bloom. Jane saw a few fawns the other day but I have not seen any right by the house in a few weeks. With my daughters dogs here now, not likely to. The big shepard likes to chase them. He isn't sure why other than they run as he don't run far after them. Friendly dog, but never really been free to run. He seems to like it here.
Here he is keeping Ace company.

Geo

Yes the buck is in velvet and the horns seem to have a lot of growing to do. I hope it comes back. We had a couple fawns out back the other day, playing like kids. The doe was just watching them and the little guys were running back and forth through the woods and it just made you feel good to see them.

The weather today was just perfect

And you get to top it all off with beautiful wildlife in your own backyard. That's what I call living the good life. You've earned it........love the pics too !

n/t

n/t

n/t

I have a nice picture of the wildflowers and Mts from up there somewhere

I live in a neighborhood of hunters and he is sure to be nailed. No problem on their property but he is safe on ours.

and it is a never ending visual treat. Always something happening.

n/t