Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great day........strange ending. :huh:

WillyP

I had the whole day to myself. No rain. No honey-do list. Just me, my metal detector and a city at my disposal. Started off with a couple of hours at Stanley Park (where I found the two coins). Then I went to "Button Beach", a small sandy area under a pier that used to be a military base. Buttons would fall through the floor boards and sink in the sand underneath, waiting some 50-60 years for us to bring them back into the light. Well, I had great luck there as you can see. Some of the buttons will clean up nicely. Some are new to me and I will have to look into that......but my last find of the day was a shocker. You can imagine how loud the signal came through on my detector. I was going to pass over it as there is a lot of rusty iron in this area and it can sound off pretty loud at times. Anyway, I decided as I was done for the day I would dig the signal. I dug up a plastic bag tied in a not and inside was this case of 30-06 High Power rounds with two missing. I'm going to turn them into the police tomorrow. Hope the pics are clear enough, I was losing the light. Cheers.

[attachment 51996 Hunt-1.jpg]

[attachment 51997 Hunt-2copy.jpg]

n/t

Great hunting, to say the least. I'm thinkin' about hitting up some spots that we hunted a bit last year. See if the frost has brought anything new up. Needs to dry up a bit first but it shouldn't be long. I'd take 1/4 of what you found from this post and call it a great success ! You've got to be pleased with THAT haul. WTG !:clapping:

i think Stanley Park is still a prime hunting ground and you are lucky to live close to it. Still some issues with squatters or did the wind take them out?

you think those shells were buried on purpose, or just covered up over time because someone dropped them? Keep us posted on this!! :) Kind of mysterious!

n/t

and sank in the wet sand. They were too heavy to float in on the tide even with air in the bag. The police didn't seem too interested. They didn't ask ANY questions, they just thanked me for bringing them in and said they would destroy them for me. :shrug:

n/t