Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Day In The Corn Field

Lee- IN

Larry and I went to a friend of his that said he had found bricks in his field, the corn was out so we tried it. we found the house site and and lots of misc. brass etc. some flat buttons, after about 3 hours we left and went to another spot that the corn had just be taken out, talk about tough hunting, the stalks were about a foot high. Larry found the debris field and about 10 minutes later I dug a 1857 Flying Eagle cent, about 45 minutes later I get a great signal that shows deep, I call Larry over and he listened and said it was half dollar size, it wasn't, it was the 1851 large cent all the while Larry is digging flat buttons, he would bring a dirt clod over and the edge was showing and every time it was a flat button. About a an hour later I dug a Civil War Eagle cuff button and then part of a civil war infantry hat bugle, Larry is still digging flat buttons, another hour passes and I dig the 1865 Indian, Larry is still digging flat buttons, he then digs a civil war Eagle coat size button. We both got lots of misc. brass items, I was wore out almost 8 hours of fighting corn stalks, But it was worth every minute. That is the first Flying Eagle Cent I have dug in about 20 years, The last ones were in Fredericksburg, Virginia in the 1980s. Thanks to all for looking, hope you enjoy....Lee

Nice lot of coins and 2 of my favorites....Large cents and flying eagles. Be watching for more of your corn field hunts to come. How deep were the coins and were they solid hits. Going to be hunting some 1800s places soon and could only imagine finding a large cent or flying eagle.

The large cent was about 7 to 8 inches and came through perfect, 1st swing over it locked on 84, I turned to check it also 84, then as I kept moving it ranged from 82 to 86, I was sure it was a large cent. It was the perfect signal. Gotta love that F75.
Flying Eagle was about 4 to 5 inches, I was very surprised when it came out.................Lee