Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Cammo!!!

Royal

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRSbC6HAgNE[/video]

n/t

n/t

they are cool critters and i have seen my share. They like to rob crab traps and even a 30 lb-er can squeeze through a 4x6 inch hole!
I once caught a real big one that did not get off the crab trap quick enough and played with it a bit in the boat, to the total terror of my landlocked buddy from Alberta who was fishing with me. She (all the big ones are girls;)) had tentacles over 3 ft long and was quite mellow just wanting to get away while he was at the other end of the boat ready to jump over as i offered to hand her to him as soon as i could get her unstuck from several places:rofl:
I told him not jump in cause they came in herds and this was a small one:devil:

Contrary to common myth, they do not get as huge as the stories sometimes say. Octopi do not "spawn" until they are quite mature and usually die after the young have hatched and they have protected them for a few weeks.

We have the largest Octopi in the world here, the giant Pacific Octopus, ask Mike, he knows them very much better than i do.

I saw a demonstration of that on TV years ago. They put a fish in a glass jar with a screw lid. The jar was also full of water too. They gave it to a OP and that sucker messed with it and soon unscrewed the lid and grabbed the fish. After he did it the first time he didn't hesitate the next time.

They had aquariums with all sorts of sea life scattered about. One of the aquariums had a type of fish that was disappearing NIGHTLY from it's haven. They couldn't figure it out until they installed a camera to observe. I kid you not, an octopus was filmed LEAVING it's aquarium and venturing over to where the delicacy sat in its ! Climbed in, had dinner and went back to it's aquarium !! I sh!t you not ! The darndest thing I ever saw.

n/t

Just amazing.