Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gotta post this

petew

I just bought a new 705 gold,and a tornado mf coil.A fresh burried 10 inch quarter,not including grass,bam.loud 46,2 to 3 inches off the ground this Machine is still banging this quarter, wow.

I burried the quarter 3 days ago,to try my Safari. It hit it,but not even close to the xterra,,,the safari is goin down the road.And even the tornado coil don't make the xterra anywhere near as heavy as the safari.

One more thing,sense at 30,and quite as a church mouse.Imagine that

That is nice. Those cools seem to be quieter than most on my detectors. That is why I use them when hunting close to electric fences. I use Minelab coils most other times.

Remember Minelabs FBS units do not do well on fresh turned dirt..A Known fact.... Nor on air tests.

Xterras are vlf. But you are right they do not do as well on fresh plowed dirt.

I bought the coil from {not a site sponsor}, he told me his results,and true to his word mine are the same.Outstanding.

Congratulations on the new machine!
Don't be in such a hurry to dump the Safari unless you need to. FBS and V-Flex complement each other well because of the difference in technologies. Minelab thought so too, which is why they combined them in a hybrid sort of fashion that is now known as the CTX-3030.

Those coils are NOT authorized by Minelab. They are illegally sold here and we don't support or discuss them on the Xterra forum. They have their own forum.

I am not sure if these coil are illegally sold here or not. Is there some proof on this? Also , is it Minelab , or is it you that don't like to talk about these coils on this forum ? I ask this because I see now and then on the Etrac forum , the coils are talked about. GS
Old Longhair said:
Those coils are NOT authorized by Minelab. They are illegally sold here and we don't support or discuss them on the Xterra forum. They have their own forum.

Minelab patented V-Flex and FBS II technologies. Coiltek is licensed by Minelab to produce X-terra and CTX coils, and nobody else is. Since there is no such thing as an international patent, Minelab had to obtain their patents in both Australia and the US, which is supposed to protect them from infringement. The reason for the patents is because the X-terra is the first all digital detector (aside from the tx/rx signal itself), and the CTX is an integration of that technology with FBS.

The coils that those eastern European companies make for other machines are not an infringement, and are probably worth what you pay for them. Personally, I've been less than thrilled with most of those, and I'll buy Coiltek or Sun Ray if at all possible. They may cost a little more, but they're worth it.

Both the safari and the xterra hit the coin,But the xterra hit it so much more prominent.I wouldn't just ditch the safari,I worded that wrong.Because the xterra is so much lighter,and gets good performance from basically the same size coil,I think the safari would sit.

Longhair,I Definitely respect your views and your advice.I thought these coils were recently authorized. It was a sponsor of this forum that I bought it from though.

If minelab has not authorized these coils,they need to,and make money from sales.I'm not much for theft at all,but the performance is outstanding.

If he's a site sponsor, then he needs to drop a line to the admins to have his name added to the list. All I know is he's not on it.

As for the coils; they have put that information out there (I believe) to mislead. They may have a patent in the Ukraine, but not here, and Minelab does.
In terms of performance, I'd have to ask, "Compared to what?" The fact is that they are reverse engineered. Only Coiltek has been provided with the specs on V-Flex by Minelab, which means that nobody else has direct access to info that does make a difference in the coil's performance. It's also why you need a button pressing sequence to force the detector to accept the coil, which you will never have to do with an authorized coil, and should have been a tip-off that they aren't authorized.

I will make the dealer aware of what you have said.I compare this coil to the 15 wot,and 10.5 dd from minelab.It gets the depth and separation of the 15 inch wot coil,with a close size to the 10.5,But lighter.
I did not hafto push or program any buttons,just put it on like any other coil,and I always do a factory reset when changing coils on any machine,, but it don't need any programming for this coil.
I like the 705 with or without a unauthorized coil,its the most versatile machine on the market,in my opinion.

I have no idea about if the vlf does, or does not ,do well in that scenario.

hi guys ; i am a 705 fan all the way ! like coiltek and minelab coils ! i would make sure that the coil was aproved by minelab ! Doug

I'm not sure minelab has a say in this coil,because there's lots of US dealers selling them openly,they are not hidden,and definitely no kind of black market. I have searched for a few hours now,and cannot find anyone or thread saying anything bad about these coils. I mean,minelab isn't even a United States company,and they certainly don't hold a patent in the usa,I've checked an hour ago.These coils work great,no problems with performance.Why the fuss ,I'm assuming no one here speaks directly for minelab do they?

Minelab DOES have both US and Australian patents on the technology.
And the only reason that those other coils are so openly available is because Minelab has for some reason decided not to pursue sellers in court. It's likely because they see little point, because the crooks will still sell directly as they did before dealers here started stocking them. There's no point in going after the little guys one at a time, and they can't cut the head off the snake. It remains that they are NOT authorized, can void your warranty, and are an inferior product regardless of what proponents may claim.
End of discussion.