Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gotcha.

Yes,it is the questions that challenge faith and religion the most that need to be DEBATED.......not DELETED.
When a question is asked that challenges a subject to its very core,it needs to be answered and not shyed away from no matter how disturbing the question may be.
I was shocked to have my post removed without any response whatsoever and would like the person who removed it to explain themselves.I suppose the fact that my post was removed has already answered my question and that such questions challenge faith to such a degree that people are scared of them.
I try to find answers all the time and as such i'm not afraid to ask any question,i don't particularly care if people don't like what I ask because I only seek the truth.For some it seems the truth maybe to hard to bear.

the internet isn't the place to debate. Many people won't look into some things deeply - much time & all when they are already looking into things at church & Bible meetings, etc. Steve in so la

From a Christian view or a worldly view? This forum was designed for folks to talk about detecting and share their Christian faith. That is what this forum used to be and it has changed a lot. Not for the good, just like the world around us.
Just like other forums when things are posted that might not belong here they get deleted. I know a couple forums where if you bend the rules a little bit you are banned for life.

The question was to do with Christianity and it was a question that could shake ones faith in Christianity to its very core......it is a question that has relevance to all those who have faith in a God who is the sole creator of life.
Perhaps the person or persons who removed it are worried about the effect it may have on the sunday collection box.:confused:

I think you should try and go to a church somewhere instead of trying to find all the answers on the Internet. You remind me of some people at work. If they make up there mind not to learn a new job they never do. You have to have a heart that wants to be taught. Try a local church and get with some good christian men and women. You will learn about GOD by the way they live. If you were closer we could go detecting together and go to church with me. I can tell you GOD is real. He has gave me visions and done things for me that most people think I'm crazy. But look they thought Jesus was crazy too. Without GOD I was not a good person I was hateful and angry. Once I gave GOD my life and allowed him to come into my heart and soul he made me a complete new man. I am changing for the good every day. GOD does not force himself into you. You have to allow him in. I hope to see you in heaven some day.

Nauti Neil, you have me curious...do you mind sending me the question you posted by PM?....not saying I can provide an answer for you.

are you interested in shaking someones faith to the core?

n/t

Amen Brother. We grow closer to our Heavenly Father & our Savor Jesus Christ one day at a time. Why one day at a time? Simply because that's all He gives us. Yesterday is gone & tomorrow is but a promise. Therefore we do all we can in the day God has given us.

7centsworth said:
I think you should try and go to a church somewhere instead of trying to find all the answers on the Internet. You remind me of some people at work. If they make up there mind not to learn a new job they never do. You have to have a heart that wants to be taught. Try a local church and get with some good christian men and women. You will learn about GOD by the way they live. If you were closer we could go detecting together and go to church with me. I can tell you GOD is real. He has gave me visions and done things for me that most people think I'm crazy. But look they thought Jesus was crazy too. Without GOD I was not a good person I was hateful and angry. Once I gave GOD my life and allowed him to come into my heart and soul he made me a complete new man. I am changing for the good every day. GOD does not force himself into you. You have to allow him in. I hope to see you in heaven some day.

Just goes to show you know nothing whatsoever about me.......i'm nothing like the people you describe.I'm open to all new concepts and have an extremely enquiring mind,even if I don't like the outcome of the questions I pose,i love learning about everything and this is why I keep finding new questions.
You are more like the people you describe than I am.......once you've made up your mind about something you don't want to listen to anything that may contradict your beliefs......because you are worried it may burst the bubble you have cocooned yourself in.
What i've written about you above maybe total rubbish but it proves one thing......you can't judge somebody without getting to know them properley first.......so don't.

I will always believe in GOD. he has proven himself to me many times. No one judged you. It just always see post you make trying to prove there mAy not be a God. You never get on here and post finds or about our finds so we can get to know you. I would like to get to know you so I could better help you to understand how real GOD really is.

You have judged me.....by comparing me to some of those people you work with.You have also contradicted yourself by talking of those that make up their minds about something that prevents them from learning new things."I will always believe in God".......sounds like you've made up your mind about that and will not listen to anything that challenges this belief.
I'm pleased for you because you have found peace and have a strong faith.....i can't seem to lock onto this no matter how hard I try because certain factors get in the way........i still look for answers every day and I enjoy looking.
I'm not attacking anyones beliefs or faith but if a question or concept arises that I have a problem with I am not worried about asking it.I posted a question and it was deleted which I find very un-Christian to tell you the truth.......and the person who deleted it has'nt got the guts to tell me why.
Perhaps I am looking for guidance by asking difficult questions but it seems my last question was a question too far.

Neil, I got your PM and answered it the best I could. I'm not understanding why your question was deleted. His question was a valid one and could have been answered along with a very good discussion on the subject.

When something comes to mind and answers are needed to move on, for many, these ??'s have to be answered or else we become stuck, and no progress is made. I personally, am that way. I won't be satisfied with "because it is, that's why", don't you have faith" type of answer . We were given our brains to think and dissect. Our Creator want's us to ask, AND get answers...why wouldn't He?

I never contradicted myself. I used to not be a christian and had many questions. Now I know without a doubt that GOD is real. I never judged I said you seemed that way. I can not tell how you are by things you post. I have to be around a person in person. That is why I hope you find a church and go and be around some Christians. It is easier to believe in something when you see that it has actually changed a persons live. I care about you and I pray you will believe in him someday. He is an awesome GOD. Again I ask you to post some detecting stuff so we can get to know you.

Here are a few thoughts……. Once again this forum is designed for talking about metal detecting and our faith in Jesus. Posts questioning if God is real or trying to prove otherwise do not belong here. No different than the different political posts. If you want to see all that go to Facebook. So I guess if one wants to try to figure out if God is real this might not be the right forum as the folks here are believers who have faith in knowing He is real. It is great to be open minded, however having faith is different. Does it make sense to believe in one thing then look for more answers then change ones mind to believe in something different, then keep changing over and over? Seems to me it would make no sense to be a Christian today, then a Buddhist next week then scientologist next year, then something else later on. Neil if you truly are searching, yes His is real! If your hope is to change the minds of those who post here, I believe you are at the wrong forum.
God bless

Mike, I see what you're saying. But, Christians are asked to preach and teach. If someone has questions, as did Neil, the best we can do is help him and answer his troubles. We all had and have questions.
Neil was not trying to stumble anyone. He had gotten stuck on something and it was bothering him. He needed a hand on getting by this and his question was deleted....come on man, lets help, if we can.