Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got up this morning and this is what I saw... hey, that would make a good song title > :):

Micheal_R

Staff member
Got up at 5:30 and was at the sink puting water in the kettle. I saw this lump by the fence and realized just what it was.

[attachment 127221 bear-may-20-09-001.jpg]

I went out to get a shot and he realized I was there so he started off in the opposite direction.

[attachment 127222 bear-may-20-09-002.jpg]

And this is when the horses spotted him. He did not like that thundering of hooves I guess.

[attachment 127223 bear-may-20-09-003.jpg]

This is the third this year that we have seen up close. But it was the first that i had the camera close by for.

Calm seas

Mikie

n/t

n/t

I would have loved to have been there and seen the bear. Do you think that he had spotted your fruit trees? Is this the biggest one that you have seen this year? Do you think that he will come back? I still remember the large killer bear that Royal saw up there...exciting. You folks have some animals up there that we can only dream about having down here. Thanks for posting the pictures. Say, please say "Hello" to Alice for us. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

And monster white tails (All on private preserves and grain fed!!!) for "some sportsmen" to hunt!

Texas hunting has mostly gotten to the place where hunting in Germany has been for years.

But then it is a sore subject with me and I'd rather not talk about it!!!!!!!:ranting:

Let me just say, I never felt so free when hunting as when I hunted "open range" in Arizona!

When the property there was posted no-one was allowed to hunt on it!!

CJ

However, this is the first Grizz that I have seen on the property. He was not terribly large... maybe 100-150 pounds.. and he was rather skittish. He took off even before the yappers came out for their early morning walk. This is probably going to be a good year for bears. This is the third in just over a week that I have seen on the property. So, keep the jacks close and have some 7 1/2 birdshot handy......... just in case.

Fair winds

mikie

who owned the place before us, took her 12 gauge, and took out a bear that was trying to get her chickens. And she did this when she was 85 years old.

But generally speaking, the bears we have encountered are pretty shy. However, if one does try ..........

Calm seas

Mikie

n/t

around them? Ours have decided that the coyotes should not be in the fields and go after them. I'm thinking on a grizz that would not be a good thing. Dangerous as they can be, still neat to see one as long as they don't do any damage and just pass on thru. We only get the blacks in these parts and so far I have not seen on here yet....!'4 of a mile over I've seen them, but not here. We have whats left of and old orchard here I expect to see them there but none YET..... They seem from what I see with the neighbors more interested in garbage cans and bird feeders...... You sure have your share of wild animals there to be aware of.

Neat pictures....

Geo

n/t

n/t