Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got to ride the bike yesterday.... It was a bit

George-CT

iced up. And good thing it was as we were ice racing... Just a bunch of club guys getting tired of the cabin fever mode. We got there
at 9:00 AM and raced until 2:00 PM...Fun time but sure gets to the body when you been a slug all winter.... Grabbed a few shots for the web site and figured might as well put up a few here. It will show you some our tools we use. Yesteday we declared it VINTAGE METAL Race day. All the bikes were older bikes that still get the job done very well on ice. Our new quad for the track came with a plow so it keeps the junk off the track and pretty clean. It was nice to get out for a day for fun, rather then chores. Only about 6 more weeks until our first motocross race at the club. Early one, could be mud race or snow race or still frozen solid. Usually the first race of the year has a big turn out for riders, so it ups what we take in almost double a normal race. New riders trying it out, or others just wanting back in the game after winter doldrums....

Most of the snow is gone, except for at my place. Just ice around on the ponds now....If that stays for 4 more weeks that if fine with me...
BUT, we are hearing more snow by weekend..... Thats me playing on my buddies Blue flamed ice bike.... Later in the day, the High Test beverages came out and the racing got a little crazier.....Ice boarding behind a quad is very hard on the body when you leave the board.....

Later Geo-CT

n/t

You guys don't freeze up even on the shallow ponds? We are pretty solid here right now. Lot of people ice fishing, but we can't go on those lakes with a bike. We can do the private ponds and lakes. DEP or Department of Enviormental Protection. At times I think we need protection from them. We get called by them for crossing brooks on the dirt bikes because they are public property. Yet, at the boat launches on the same rivers, cars, trucks, jeeps back in them all the time, trailers with outboards etc. I understadn reasonable concern but not crazie stuff........

Geo

the blue flame bike has a later model or after market fork that the rear wheel is mounted on.or maybe the bike is newer than i think.

picked up from someone who has gotten out of the hobby. We just do it for fun so no one cares what they ride. these are only used for ice and sit the rest of the year. The motocross bikes we race all the time and are hardcore about those. Good way to get with friends and enjoy winter.

Geo