Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got the pocket Probe yesterday. One thing you guys need to know about it though

Tinfoil

I took some of my smallest 14 and 10 kt chains and earrings and one of my smallest 14kt crosses that will hit on my Ace 250 and everything will hit on my Shadow X5 in discriminate and wide open dis on Ace and put them up to the New probe. At the end of the probe it won't do anything, no beep or vibrate. Yet, if you put it to the side it will beep and vibrate on all my small stuff even the 14 kt diamond earrings and earring backs. so if you know it is out of the hole or even still in the hole you are going to have to use the side of the probe to get it to beep and vibrate. That is a good thing. :Thumbup: :D: :D: . OK later HH Back to Lurking. I do like the probe and will keep it. Jerry aka Tinfoil

Thanks for the tip Jerry.
So you're a closet Garrett user too!:poke: How long have you been swinging the Ace?
Mick Evans.

I used to call it the 1500 from Hell. :rofl: It was just a bad one. :thumbdown: It made a lot of road trips to Texas. You do remember that one don't you Bill. :shrug: When they fixed it the last time I gave it to my buddy and he still hunts with it and he has never had to send it back. :rofl: . I can take my little Ace 250 to my 9" dime I have on edge in my garden with the power wires over head the big transformer and two airconditioners running and I can get that bell tone almost every swing with the stock coil. It is excellent on small gold jewlery. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Yeah I remember that1500 and the hell you went through. I think you got the lemon of lemons in that one but it happens. You're right about the PP on small pieces of jewelry and gold. I brought this to the attention of the engineers. Maybe they can boost the gain on it or up the frequency a few notches. It operates at 12 khz.

Yep the 250 is hot on that small stuff. I've found stuff so tiny I couldn't believe it picked it up. Think what a nuggetshooter it would be with a little tweaking and manual GB. How ya been doin bud?

Bill

I been feeling great and was just out in my garden testing the new Safari. I hate getting old. It would be nicer if the PP pinpointed off the end on the small stuff but, it is no trouble when you drag the side of the PP over the target. Just have to remember that if you lose the target in the hole or the dirt use the side of the probe for locating the target and drag it to the end of the probe. No big deal. I think the Freq. is OK they just need to crank the gain up as that will amplify everything. Oh well the PP is a keeper anyway. Just thought I would point that out to you guys. Get out there and Hunt some. I am going to go tomorrow with the SE some flags and a few coils and the New Safari and have some fun testing. OK my old friend :D: :D: HH Later, Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hey Jerry.
I've got a mate who bought the Pro pointer to use on the gold fields. He's a bit disappointed in it, but will try it all the same. Little tips like that will improve his use of the unit. I told him that if he doesn't like it, I'd buy it off him for what he paid for it. I though that he was going to use it for coin shooting when he asked about it.
The Pro pointer will be quite handy with the Safari, as I've found that Minelabs FBS detectors don't pinpoint as well as other detectors.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad run on the 1500. Thems the breaks sometimes. Had a bit of a similar run the the X-Terra. It got sent back 3 times before it was running as it should. It can put a real dampener on a detector. I almost gave up on it. That had a lot to do with why I bought the Ace. The X-Terra's working well now and I'm enjoying it.
Feel free to drop out of lurking mode anytime you like. I always enjoy reading your posts. I'll remember to reply to your posts. I seem to drop into lurking mode sometimes too.
Mick Evans.

Hey Jerry

I'm interested in hearing how the Safari checked out! I had a Garrett TR\VLF ADS Deepseeker that finally died. I'm thinking about getting a new detector and getting started again. Thinking about the Garrett 2500 or the Minelab X-70, but now the new Safari is out. I would love to hear your thoughts on the Safari.

Bud

I prefer it to work off the end. I've been watching a few of the videos on that PP, and to tell the
honest truth, I actually prefer the operation of the automax V2 I have vs the Garrett PP.
The automax works off the end, or the sides pretty much equally. And I also prefer being able
to adjust the sensitivity myself, vs having it automatic. Can also switch between vibrate or beep.
I never use the beep mode.. Always vibrate.
I do like the case of the Garrett model though. Looks rugged..
That's the weak part about the Automax... It's bulky and not as easy to carry around as the
Garrett, and I imagine it is more fragile if whacked. I'm careful not to thrash mine.
The reason I prefer it to work off the end, is I usually dig small holes, and I stick the PP
nose down into the small hole to see if I dug the right spot. It's very handy.
If I can't do that with the Garrett version, that is a pretty big negative to me.
So I guess I better not break the automax... lol... I wish they made an automax in
the tough garrett case.. :wacko:

The Garrett works off the end and sides like the Automax too. The main reason I like the Pro pointer is the automatic adjustment feature. Plus not having to keep pressure on the switch. Click it on and leave it on until your done. Nice.

That's good to know. Not much point in a pointer that won't detect downhill.. :rofl:
You don't have to hold a button on the automax either.. It stays on. It's a two way
switch. One way is for buzzer, the other way for vibrate. I always use the vibrate
mode. The buzzer noise is like fingernails scraping on a chalkboard to me... :sick:
I like to find my goodies in relative silence. You can hear the vibrate mode also. :thumbup:
Being as the Garrett will point off the end, I would probably consider one if the present V2
ever flakes out on me and I can't fix it. The automax has been real good so far. The only
downside is the sorta bulky shape. It has a belt clip, but it's so long I don't really like to carry
it that way, so I usually just keep in in my left hand. The thing is close to 2 feet long
counting the handle. Price was right though. I only paid about $40 for the automax cuz
I bought it with the 250 and got it on sale. That was $40 well spent. I don't think I would
want to go without a pinpointer after using one. Too spoiled.. :shrug:

Yes the V2 pin pointer is to long and bulky. I shortened the pin pointer point 2 inches after it broke.