Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got that SunRay Probe on my CZ today... (long)

allhuntedout

It's a little cumbersome... another wire hanging there, and pushing the VCO pinpoint button while waving around the probe isn't a cinch either. Acrobatics aside, it's awesome at finding that lost stuff in the hole. Got me a 56 dime on edge at the side of an 8" hole I probably would have given up on, and made finding those pesky nails in the hole walls a snap! This is one GREAT probe, and I recommend it to any CZ user who digs deep holes. Made it easy to pick out coins from around big roots where you couldn't plug deep. You know the times where you plug, and damned if there isn't a 2" diameter root right smack in the middle of the hole? Well dig out a little dirt on each side of the root, shove the probe in there and voila... there's the target and you can easily extract it without damaging it, as you know almost EXACTLY where it is. I tried the vibraprobe, and it just wasn't doing what I wanted. THIS probe does what I want, and I was getting 3-4" depth on quarter size targets. The other place this did well was on shallow coins in rocky soil and gravel... you know where you can't probe? This will pinpoint right on. Made recovery a breeze. Other than that, I don't know that it saved me any recovery time, but prbably will the more I get used to using it, and is definitely a time saver on deep targets. Hope this helps anyone who has thought about getting a pinpointer of some kind. Don't waste your money on anything BUT one of these.

I have one hooked up to my CZ3d & also have the velcro setup on my CZ70 so that I can switch the probe from CZ3d to CZ70 to CZ5.

Used them on Minelabs with double D coils where they were sure worth the bulk and extra wires..
as Double D coils are tough to pinpoint with..Imagine they work as well on CZ's even thought CZ's VCO pinpoints very accurately...Indeed a fine acc. product..

Hey Allhuntedout, I don't know why you use the pinpoint button in conjunction with the probe!
You really don't need to, and also, you use up more battery juice that way. After I pinpoint the target, and get an approx. depth measurement. I may use the pinpointer on top of the ground, if the target pinpoints at approx. 5" or less. This allows me to see if I can narrow it down with the probe, before breaking ground, and if there is multiple targets very near the surface.
Just my 2 cents worth! Best of luck, HH,