Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got spooks?

pennywt

I keep my detectors on a shelf in the far corner of my bedroom. About two months ago, at 1 am, my Exploerer turned itself on. Durn near startled me out of three years of life. I removed the rechargable, put it back on the shelf and passed the whole thing off as one of those weird things that happen.
Last weekend, I decided that I'd go check out an old abandoned site I'd found, but after recharging the battery, the Explorer was dead. Figuring a bad rechargable, I journeyed to the local Robber Baron's convenience store for new batteries for the pack......nothin. No bootup, no turn on, no signal, no nothin.
The only other problem I've had was in hot weather, after an hour or so of detecting, the screen would act up, but a cool down time in the shade would bring it back. Has anyone else had this kind of problems?

I haven't had that kind of a problem, but with most electronic devices some are temper mental when it comes to hot, cold and wet conditions. The only problem I ever had with my XS was it would switch from the smart screen to the digital screen all by itself. I called Dick Shultz at Minelab and he said if it kept doing it to send it in and they would take a look at it. Well, it has been working fine and like the old saying,"if it ain't broke don't fix it". Give Dick or Sandy a call and see what they might think it could be.The number is 702-891-8809. HH. Hope this might help you out.....:)

Eddie

Thanks, Eddie. Just spoke with Sandy (nice folks there) and she helped.
I see that you are in Poulsbo. I used to detect in that area with my old amigo, Bugs. Do you know him? He's not only a great detectorist, but likes kids. I used to send the ones around me, over to watch him detect. Told em sometimes he even gave kids watching him, some of the money he found. LOL

Glad Sandy was able to help. Did she say to send it in? Are you talking about Buggsy Cannon? Where are you located? If we are talking about the same Bugs then I don't know if you heard or not that he lost his wife a short time ago. Send me a private message if you want.

Eddie

The sreen darkening when it is hot out is a common thing for me as well. You just have to adjust the contrast. I think all the Explorer's out there do the same thing with the LCD. As for the no power problem, I have seen where the detector will set all the settings down to zero and you will have to really look at the display screen just to see if the detector is on or not. One way is to just hit the power button and go into the menu to try adjusting the contrast. If the contrast starts to come back then you have to go into the menu and reset all of the settings like you had them set before. Hope this helps and good luck.