Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got some software bugs with mine...or I again have a bad brand new machine from FT

snh

After having all the problems with the first two T2's I owned I am rather upset with some furtehr problems with FT machines.

Now either these are software bugs or my machine is defective...neither is a good diagnosis.

First issue is that I cannot make any noticeable change in the sensitivity to the pinpoint mode. yes I know to do it in STAT.....but nothing I change decreases what is a way too hot pinpoint sens.

Now with that issue comes another with my all metal modes.
I cannot make a change to motion all metal that does not get mirrored in Stat mode. That is to say if i set a sensitivity setting or threshold setting in say motion all metal it makes the same change in STAT and vice versa.

This blows if it is normal as why would you do that....so there is no way to say have a sens setting of 50 in motion all metal and then say a sens of 25 in STAT....won't do it.
now add to that problem if I lower the sensitivity setting STAT below 30 the threshold drops to a hrad growl. Sounds like an op amp dropping below min sat level.......so anything below 30 sens in STAT is useless. This is not the same in Motion all metal though.

Now that is not all.

Also if I am in motion all metal and I use the pinpoint trigger to get a depth reading...when i release the trigger it takes 5 seconds for the display to unlock from the depth reading and come back to target ID. The audio is there when I release but the meter stays locked on the depth number for 4-5 seconds and I have to sit and wait.

That is not all....I also have the same problem in disc with the meter hanging up on the depth reading when i release the trigger except that in disc mode the lag is 2 seconds...I have to wait for the depth reading to unlock and swap back to target ID.

I should have learned from my first experience with the T2 first release as I had many problems with mine and it took months to get them worked out.

Now reading the manual it would seem that the ability to set differetn sens levels in either all metal mode should be there....as is the ability to lower the pinpoint mode sens so that you can pinpoint accurately. The manual states that pinpoint is tide into STAT mode but my STAT mode seems to be stuck at one sens level. yes the numbers move but there is no effect. Seems to work o.k. in motion all metal as I can get a noticeable change in sensivity to targets in that mode.
SO i guess I now have to send a $1000.00 detector back in for repairs 3 days after buying it.

I hope Fisher has improved their service from what i experienced with them with the CS and Excel...although I doubt it.

Wish this was Whites..if you have an out of box failure they would send a new detector out right away...unfortuntaley Fisher has you send it in leaving you without anything for several weeks. This is where the truth will come out on how well the new Fisher FT marriage is. If I just spent a grand and now loose a detector for 2 weeks it will be the end of my dealing with either.

If I had wanted this i would have purchased a Bounty hunter...oh wait..I guess I did.

scott

because mine does all that too. Exchangeing the detector at the dealer won't help if all are made that way.

Andy,NM

I checked my detector and can follow your problems. Changes in motion all metal carry over to static and changes in static carry over to motion all metal.
Changes in static do NOT carry over to pinpoint mode.

To be honest, if the manual would say : "The pinpoint mode can not be adjusted and the static and motion all metal modes are two additional modes we would all just live with it. You are right, the pinpoint mode is strong, but detuning the target by pulling the trigger is done in a split of a second.

You wrote:
"if I lower the sensitivity setting STAT below 30 the threshold drops to a hard growl. Sounds like an op amp dropping below min sat level.......so anything below 30 sens in STAT is useless"

I tried that and the same growl threshold came, but pulling the trigger to re-tune fixed it. So..., you can go below 30 and use it in static all metal.

Anyway First Texas has to change the manual or the detector.

My lag time from pinpoint to ID is 1.5 seconds and from pinpoint to all metal 2 seconds. If you really have 5 seconds it is long.
I found that the detector didn't return to ID in all metal after pinpointing because i had the loop to high to give a target id readout.

Andy,NM

if all that is "problems".

I don't have a problem waiting 2 seconds for the ID to return.
I don't care if the static setting changes motion settings too. (i can hunt only in one mode at a time.
I don't care about a strong pinpoint mode if i can shrink the target in a second by detuning it.

For some it all may be a problem. My detector works that way but i don't know if it was meant to work that way. Either the manual is wrong or the detector...i don't know. I would buy it again the way it is right now. Since i use the F75 i come home with more finds per hour detecting time.

Andy,NM

you are turning on another mode of operation designed for wet salt sand. In STAT mode you will need to manually retune by clicking the pinpoint trigger. Then you will find STAT mode usable.

In Motion All Metal, below 30 you may notice it to be very open(much like running Disc mode's discrimination below 5).

The manual brings this to your attention in the section under beach hunting toward the back.

I've only noticed about a second lag time coming back from pinpoint. There is a long lag time after making a setting change. Clicking the trigger speeds that up.

Pinpoint sensitivity is hot. To get it to where you are looking for you will need to set it at or below 30. Again, in Stat mode, click the trigger to retune if you are going to use settings below 30.

It might be best if you just spend some more time with it before giving up.

Best Regards,

Mike

Mine is doing the same stuff plus things are loose, I email Fisher and they said they would pay for shipping.Good thing, In there email they stated no refunds or credit, so I responded that where in my email did I even ask for that. They where nice and in a way rude too. So my F75 is going on a trip back to Fisher. I havent eeven had it a week.
Thank you
Tom Spencer

We were told there was a reason for this in the software...they all do it. I'm really not sure who would run sensitivity down below 30 in a stationary all metal anyhow? I never would, so this has no affect on me whatsoever. I bet most folks would never even know about this. I, like most people, also like the motion all metal much better anyhow, so again, wouldn't even go into STAT...