Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got some scary news last Friday.......

Dan-MO

I had some minor chest pains and dizziness that sent me to my Dr. for a check up.Among the tests were chest xrays, bloodwork, and an ekg.I recieved a call from my Dr. this morning instructing me to be at a Cardiologists office this Thursday morning for another barrage of tests including a stress test,echo cardiagram and possibly a cardiac cath..Until then I am supposed to take it easy and go to the ER if any symptoms return. Seems like the tests showed something possibly out of whack. My wife is worried sick and is watching me like a mother hen.....:lol: Both my kids and my brothers are calling daily to check on me......all this attention has kinda got me worried!:lol:

In all seriousness,I feel ok and really don't believe any major problems will be found.....but have to admitt that I am dreading the tests and will be glad when I am finished with them

It sounds like your doctor is on top of the situation and if there is indeed a problem, he can fix it before any damage is done. I will tell you that it is a pain in the neck, especially if they put you in the hospital. If they do, maybe you will get some good looking nurses, not some old dogs like I got when I had to go to the hospital. Please let us know what happens Thursday. You will be in our prayers. Kelley (Texas) :)

you have a lot of friends here who truly care, right along with your family. Sometimes we need a warning bell, its our generation i suspect. Be careful friend, your worth it.
Wayne

I will do what I'm supposed to do until this problem is fixed....But I do hope I don't get one of those mean nurses Fred mentioned!:unsure:

You are probably right in thinking it's not that bad but your wife, family and the doctors know best. Waiting for the good news.

n/t

before it caused you big time probems. It is a wonderful age we live in. They can fix things that were untreatable 20 years ago.

Let your wife mother hen you and don't be letting your macho kick in until you get this resolved. Sometimes our egos are our worse enemies.

Be well and listen to the doc and keep us informed. We care:thumbup:

of it is, they are aware of the problem and are on top of it. I do the test your speaking of once a year along with a few more. The stress test is no big deal to take, and they monitor you very close during it. Fact, it was more stress to me thinking about it like you are now. Blood work is a piece of cake, and your hearing this from someone who hated needles. In the muscle they hurt, in the veins, don't even notice them. Echo Cardiogram, easy as pie. Funny, I had never been to a doctor for this stuff on my first heart attack, and I thought those pads they stick on you had a needle like piece on them and I was amazed they didn't hurt. Nurse laughed like the dickens when I told her what I was expecting. They just stick on. If a hairy chest, they shave the spots. The cardiac cath is more scary then painful but you can watch it all on the screen to follow the ink or watch the movie of it afterwards.

I waited to long to go in and had a heart attack. Not smart, so your way ahead on that. I then went six years before I had a major one. But Life star, some great doctors, and some help from above, a quad bypass and I'm still going detecting, cut wood and enjoy life. I just enjoy it more, the little things do mean a lot. For most people I've spoken to, it is a wake up call even if you really don't need one, it just gets your attention. With all the medical stuff available today, and most of it not invasive like it used to be. Usually dyes and pictures, they can do almost anything. And, the fact they didn't say, get in there now, right this minute, is a plus.

The concern from wife, kids, family, friends, is all a plus for you and scary for them. Truth is, you all help each other thru this scary time.

I just redid all these test about 4 weeks ago, and once again, clean bill of health. Diet, excersize all have a lot to do with it.

Plus, there are other things with the heart that it could be that a stint would fix or just medication. If your anything like me, you start thinking the worst. I'm sure you will do just fine especially with early detection like you have.

Good luck. You have a lot of people here rooting for you. Count me in as one of them.

George-CT

I appreciate your encouragement.I think the waiting is the worst part.Thanks again for the kind words from someone who has been thru this and can identify with the thoughts and emotions that are going thru my mind.

What they do today with the heart is amazing. And it sounds like they caught your problem in plenty of time. But that will not preclude you from worrying about it. I know it wouldn't me. It's just our way, us humans. BUT, this episode in your life will come to be behind you and you will look back on it with thanksgiving. And we here are and will always be an ear for you to express any fears that come your way. Remember that Dan. These roads are easier travelled with family and with friends. And you have many friends here that care and will be praying for your health and equally important, encouragement. We're here for you. God bless !

Rob