Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got permisson to hunt this place.

manganos

[attachment 24609 dayoff4.jpg][attachment 24608 dayoff3.jpg][attachment 24607 dayoff2.jpg][attachment 24606 dayoff1.jpg] I went out today and met my new neighbor. He rents a small house and 50 acres back behind my property. We got to talking and I asked if he minded if I tried to metal detect on the propery. I agreed I'd cover my holes and he said have at it. I went back a little while later and spent 30 min playing around and this is what I found. Looks like a decent start to me !?! I've never found a buckle like this but I'm guessing it is pretty old ;)

That looks like a great place to find a cache of coins.

can you date the buildings? Take a look at the nails in the planks. What do the heads look like? square, round? That will tell a lot. the buckle however looks to me as if it is a mule or horse strap buckle.

The heads are mostly square with some round thrown in there to hold up the wood :) The house is sitting up on pieces of granite stacked 3 to 4 high. The Battle of Five Forks took place a couple of miles away April 1st and 2nd, 1865.

Yeah, that place has a lot of potential.

the square head nails were used between 1820-1900 so I would say it is a very interesting site. here is a link to a page I carry every time I go to a homesite as a refrence. ENjoy http://www.uvm.edu/~histpres/203/nails.html