Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today to take a few pictures.

George-CT

It was really nice here today, made it to 70 so I stopped all chores and jump on the bike with camera. This is a route I like to run because they paved it last fall and its really nice. Unusual for back roads. It runs thru an old New England Sheep Farm called
HillandDale Farms. Its been handed down to the generations and is huge. This is the old section of the main barn. They have some beautiful homes all over it.

When looking at the picture with the Big barn on the right, the smaller attached building is now a restaurant some of the women in the family started called the Golden Lamb. A little on the expensive side, but nice for the occasional treat. Just up the road, is a Winery that serves food and their own wine from their vineyard. This is in Brooklyn, CT about 25 minutes from me. Nice old New England Town and they work at keeping it that way. They keep this place spotless. Been wanting to get a few pictures of it and today looked like
the right time with whats left of the fall colors.

So this was my first stop of the day. These should expand to a decent size.

The first picture if of the newer section of the farm that was redone by the family. They had the walls reset and to me the old walls are really impressive.

Picture 2 is part of and older section and most of the old roads here that were dirt way back when, look like this with the walls in this area of CT. This is pretty much how I see it off my bike and why I included it.

Picture 3 shows the pets they have out back of the restaurant there. These guys are as friendly as they come.

Picture 4 is the original farm barn and the left side is now the Golden Lamb. ON the back of it they have decks and you can sit out there and over look the entire farm. They do have cows in another section of the farm.

Picture 5 is one of owners out there getting the last of the hay. As you can see they are pretty much gentlemen farmers now. Nice
looking hay also.

Picture 5 is just another shot of the upper end of the same road I came in on.

I have more from other farms I hit and will post them later in the week.

Sure wish it would stay like to day all winter, but that's not New England weather....

George-CT

Beautiful scenery and very peaceful looking... Not a lot of traffic that can be seen. Nice Sicilians too!!!

Calm seas

Micheal

Thats one of the reasons I still ride the roads on the bike. No traffic here. I seldom go into traffic areas. Give me the country life any day. Much like you guys, I enjoy the woods and animals and just being outdoors.

it has rained here almost constantly for the last week and it looks like it will be like this until the first of November :( No pictures from here :( I doubt I will get on the scoot until next spring :(

George it looks like the hunt for relics would be great there, That area is so old but still holds a timeless beauty to it. One day in my life I want to see that country.

This story was no exception and interesting to read. I bet kids enjoy petting those donkeys after they eat a meal. Thanks for sharing, Kelley (Texas) :)

i cannot imagine traveling that road and not feeling like life is good! Thank you for taking the time to feast my eyes!