Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today looking at some colors.

George-CT

Still early here. What bright ones their were the 50mph winds stripped them off the tree's yesterday. It got to 62 here this afternoon so perfect for a ride on the bike. I thought the ponds might have some better colors on display but as you can see they are a little dull yet.
Mostly yellow and orange. I was check out a few ponds to metal detect while they are down. They lower them for ice and so people can work on their docks at a lot of them up this way. Got to say I sure enjoyed and afternoon out on the bike. Found a great little palce out on the back road with fresh baked apple pie, small bowl of beef stew and coffee. Made my day. Topped off the fuel tank and was back home before the sun set. Ran into about 8 others folks riding the back roads. Mostly husband and wife with each on their own bikes just enjoying the fall weather.

Fred, notice my bell in the bike picture, lower center? It's working good.

George-Ct

Very nice little lanes and gorgeous ponds.

Doing Turkeys today.... or at least I am supervising. No work for the wing yet.

Fair winds

Micheal

we are really getting into the color but it has been raining every day and we need some sun for it to really show. If it continues the leaves will all fall before the best showing.

Walnut tree is yellowing a bit and the Blueberries leaves are red but that's it. About the same temps as you right now.
Perfect weather for a ride though and thanks for the nice pics! :thumbup:

some nice shots of the valleys. A lot of the swamp maples went buy already up this way. They get cold fast. Towards the shoreline they may still be available. But we still have plenty of leaves to change yet. I like cruising on the bike looking for interesting shots.
There are a few really nice old towns north of here, Woodstock, Union, Southbridge that really have some nice roads and views. See what I can do. Sunday is looking pretty promising. We are having our final ride of the year at the club. A 75 mile Turkey run thru the woods. They are all gone by 10:00am so I have most of the day to cruise on the road bike before they start coming back in around 3:00pm. big chicken dinner for them, a bunch of free things the local bike dealers donate. Fun day. Next weekend is Men's Day. A big fun weekend for all the workers in the club who volunteered their time all year. Should have some good pictures from it also. Then I don't have to deal with that stuff until April, 2010. All I do in winter is maintain the club web site and answer question on the club to new people wanting to join. Then again, the woodstove keeps me busy so not a lot of time for anything else anyhow. Tossing in those
18inch natures fuel cells is actually enjoyable to me. Looking forward to those pictures from Michigan Royal. You guys had really nice color last year as I recall.

George

but a high in the upper 40's. Gotta get that ditch done and the pipe and wire in.

Mary's birthday is sunday and would like to take her somewhere. Heck, I dug a dang ditch on my 70th:blink. Oh well, good to make it:thumbup: Maybe I can get some color pictures on those two days.

You sure have some beautiful country to ride...lots of hills and trees up there. Did you know any of those eight folks riding those bikes? Please ride safe! Kelley (Texas) :)

different group I find out there. Less traffic and you pretty much have the country roads to yourself. There are a lot of new V-Twin riders up this way and a lot of them are women. Some on Harleys, like the sportsters , but mostly on the Jap V-Twins, like Honda, Yamaha, Susuki, and now even low rider Victorys. They all seem to just want their own bike. I can relate to that, I prefer it ride with just me on the bike. Any nice days here now, they come out of the wood work to ride. Those days will start to get few and far between by the end of this month. After thats its the die hards like myself who will dress for it and ride till they sand the roads. That ends it for me until first big rain in the spring time. On a rare occasion if we get a sunny day mid winter with no snow around, I will take a short cruise around just to drive any moisture out of the bike oil, use as much fuel as I can then top it off again. Short starts up this way when its real cold, just makes the bike sweat. I've seen a lot of bikes with needle bearings go belly up from little short starts but not enough to really drive out the moisture. If I start it, I will ride for at least and hour. A snowmobile suit over everything, snowmobile gloves, full helmet will keep one pretty comfortable if you want to be out there. IF you don't want to be out there, nothing seems to help. I ride quad all winter, but thats a lot less speed and more of a workout in the woods. Fun out in the woods in winter with snow on the ground.
Amazing how a little white ground cover can change it entirely. Then again, I see your post in mid winter of 50 and 60 degrees, and I wish I was down south riding. Charleston, SC or Northern Florida is a 2 day run for me, but I could trailer the bike down and get some nice riding in. Guess its age thing, but I kind of don't like those hard runs anymore. Though nothing of it in my younger days. A bunch of us in the club our planning a run to Sturgis this coming year. All older guys and we figure we better get with it this year as the clock is ticking. We are going to trailer them there, stay a week. I've been there but not on a bike. Beautiful area to ride. Black Hills are really nice. We spent a lot of time there and in and around Dead Horse, SD. any of those areas are nice along with riding thru Spearfish and Sturgis. I would think, something like your country towards Big Bend park or at least what I see on google earth maps. Connecticut is crowded, not a lot of wide open spaces at all.

OK, motor mouth off...............LOL.........................Geo-CT