Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today even with a sore arm.

Lori

They have torn down an old high school that was built in 1918. So I decided to go there and detect today. I must be the most stupid metal detectorist because I could not find any silver. I was able to detect around where the bushes grew. They pulled them out and I found a 1948 nickle and a wheatie but I couldn't see the date. I also found a 1992 dime and 2 memorial pennies. But no SILVER!! I know there has to be some there but I don't know how to find it :(

Sigh. So frustrating!!!!

you are digging wheaties.:thumbup:

Where there are wheaties...there's usually some silver hidin' close by.

Try not to get so frustrated:beers:....the silver will come.

Enjoy the "Swingy Thingy"....no way I can use big coils without it.:super:

Just feeling sorry for myself, the snow is just starting to melt off here but the ground is still frozen solid, need some rain to loosen up the frosty grip. Sounds like your finding coins, the silver will come. if you found silver every time out what fun would that be:jump:

I am really looking forward to my swingy thingy!!! WOW! I hope I can use that properly LOL. I am only trying to dig the high tones but mostly I find rusty nails and screwcaps! Sigh.....

I would love finding silver everyday!!!!

Lori

I charged the batteries today for my SEPro...tested a few coins and am just waiting for the snow to melt....

Hi Lori,
Dont kill youself...slow down around those spots follow your instincts and swing slowly...I use a mondified bungie strap hooked to my backpack to take the wieght off but truth be told a smaller coil will be like heaven for you and still find the silver hidey spots way down. small sweeps help too as small silver can be swept over without hitting if your too fast. whatch for the upper right corner or your screen and listen for that nice high tone.
Dont rip you rotator cuff like i did it takes a long time to recover ( so I learned to hunt left handed...cant stop the fever)
Best of luck,
utahshovelhead