Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out to do some hiking today.

George-CT

What a difference from last week. Today it made it to 60 degrees, last week it was 6 degrees. Dam global warming. I could not let this one pass by. so I grabbed the GPS and took off for he woods. Somme areas had lots of snow, like on the north slopes or shaded areas, and others like under the pine trees hardly any snow. I was dress light and still over heated.

I checked out one of my caches while there so thought I'd take a shot of it to show you what some of them are like in the ammo containers and normal stuff in them. And a shot to show you how it gots it name of Cove View Cache.

The rest of the shots are ramdom, one of some ice fisherman, one of a neat tree that caught my eye and a couple of what I think was a old stone barn. On either side it looks like whats left of the cow stantions. This must of been a decent size farm at one time as I found other parts of buildings on other hikes around here. A lot of it is under water now.

Anyhow, enjoyable day out in the woods. And I got to try out Janes new camera again. For a small camera it don't do a bad job at all and sure easy to carry.

George-CT

but got rained out!! :(

I guess we are going back to winter Sunday, but decent temp until then. I hope to make good use of them. Being held captive in the cabin here is not to my liking. There was enough open ground that I could bounce around in the woods pretty easy except on the hills. Dam,, that just reminded me, there is a cache out on and island there. Thats my mission tomorrow. Here is the link to it...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8aa88ee3-fcfb-4cb1-a91b-8c4b47794295

I see you been getting people to yours. None at mine but the snow and worst yet, ice has kept them at bay. Once the weather breaks they will be out. Now I'm thinking of looking at all the island ones that say need a boat or canoe. I can get those now as long as the ice holds up....

george-CT

Radiator sprung a leak and it needs an oil change, etc. So I will get this done and then Wednesday, I don't care what happens, I am outta here to the lake for some searching. :)

calm seas

Mikie

I need to fix the cooling fan on my backhoe but its been to cold. Now thats its really nice, I will save a day for that, but it was not going to be today, or tomorrow. All this stuff around here requires a master mechanic, and I'm it. I suspect you are also in your neck of the woods. The fixer upper guy needs care also right? Even if its just to sooth the mind with detecting or arrow head hunting. To bad they didn't drain this lake by me. Not likely that will happen in my life time.

George-CT

just have to take a little bit of time for yourself. I am almost thru getting all the Christmas trees and decorations down. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and I just said the heck with it and worked outside all day long. I am paying for it today and tonight though! Have fun, and keep those photos coming! I promise to get to mine within the next week. :)

n/t