Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out on the bike today and came across this down

George-CT

at the local bike shop. He has been talking about this for a few years, but finally did it. I stopped into day because of a sign saying RC Meet and wanted to see what it was. I was amazed at how he went at it. The first few pictures were of the asphalt track for the road RC cars, but none running. The second one behind it is for Off Road Gas RC cars. These little rigs really go nice. They were in the practice mode but I grabbed the camera out of the bike and took these shots anyhow. I had to be somewhere so only stayed about 1/2 hour. Kinda of like our Motocross track in miniature. I guess they run the events from the main tower and can feed either side.
Looks like I found a hobby I can do if I get to old for all the others that still have an engine in it.

George-CT

n/t

The teenage boy next door has several of those cars. He started off with electric cars that cost several hundred dollars and slowly progressed into the gas cars. Some of those cars cost several thousand dollars! Everyone of those cars are custom made, no two just exactly alike. There is a race track near here that I often ride by on the way out of town and I have noticed that there are young boys as well as old men racing those cars. Kelley (Texas) :)

some sailors would race them on the well deck of the ship I was stationed on. The well deck was 3/4 the length to the ship and made a great race track. I know they spent a lot of money on their cars, but what else were they going to spend their money on when you are out to sea for 6 months. The sailors would special order RC cars from magazines and then spend hours assembling the cars. The Captain allowed them to use the well deck after working hours to race, what better way to keep young sailors occupied and out of trouble.

was the home of the Submarine Base. Down by the base someone put up a big slot car indoor track. Tthe Navy guys really had some nice cars they built up while gone and they were really fun to race with. For little electric cars they could get some performance out of them. I guess a lot of them had been to electronics school and new how to rewind them for more rps etc, electric brakes etc. That track on the big ships had to be great except if you ran one off the side...

George-CT

running. They are good size. Pretty sure 1/8 scale was that class I was watching. I over heard a couple of young guys talking about one for sale on the side lines for $800 bucks, complete. Yet I see this one on Ebay.

RC 1/8 race buggy.

LIke anything else in racing, I'm sure it can get much more expensive as you try to gain those seconds that the other guy don't have that he can never make up.

In a few weeks they will be racing on the black top, I know those are really fast...

Geo

competition attached to it, drives up the price of all those little tricks and improvements. Same with the dirt bikes, depending on what you purchase, base price can be $5000 to $7500. Just to update to be competitive with everyone else out there, figure on another $2500. No problem to drop $5000 grand on front shocks and so it goes.

Up this way this stuff you see outdoors is very seasonal. Come fall they will move into what ever they run indoors. I heard one of the people today at the RC event talking about leasing a empty indoor horse ring for the winter for their club. I know at the Stafford Springs Raceway they have a big indoor for the electric road race cars on a big back track. I've gone up there a few times and they are fun to watch as they are all very competitive. I would think you guys can race outdoors year round. I doubt they can race the NITRO ones indoors. Even being out side today the fuel smell was very strong. I like that smell, but indoors probably not good for your body.

Geo-CT