Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out for the first time this year today!!

Cupajo

It hit 55 degrees today!

During this moon phase the water doesn't drop really low and it was a bit choppy from the southern breeze. I opted for a couple of hours at the water line and worked several hundred feet before the old bones told me to go home! I prefer going in the water, because carrying and using my equipment without the buoyancy of the water helping is starting to be too much like work! I'll feel it tomorrow!

I cleared away a lot of hair pins and many bits of junk so small I would have never found them without my vibra-probe. Bits of lead and aluminum less than a quarter of an inch got carted away.

One interesting thing happened besides my surviving a couple of hours a diggin, I found a piece of stainless fishhook minus its point and maybe fifty feet farther along the beach I found the the broken off point!!

Hunted only hi-lows with my Infinium LS and 8" coil to avoid digging nails. I still got plenty of them though.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

re your fish hook,last year found a ear ring on beach and found the exact match the same hunt... hh oj

n/t

always wanted one. I once taped a brick to the coil of my Garret to work in about 2 ft of water cause holding that dang buoyant coil down was hard on the arms! So was the brick:biggrin: I found some goodies though, a fair bit of old silver coins and some gold jewelery in a spot that was likely never detected next to an old resort swimming area.

Yep&Yep!!!

Check out the Finds Infinium Classroom!

Just about all you would like to know about it is posted there!

I could enlighten you, but I might forget an important detail. so I'll refer you instead!

Should you have questions after that, let me know!

Happy Good Friday and The Very Best to Ya and your lady,

Cupajo

Hi Wayne,

I've done mostly water hunting and the Infinium is good for diving (TO 200' as I recall), wading and relic hunting on dry land.

As a pulse machine it has little descrimination, but will find the deep stuff!

Hi-lo tones usually denote good stuff such as gold rings, and lo-hi tones can be pretty much whatever is left.

Some not so good stuff will register hi-lo too, like hair pins!

Have a Great Holiday weekend Friend,

Cupajo

My Buddy has come back from 3 months of hunting on the Florida gold coast , Sebastian , no luck , but he did bring back for me to use / buy his Infinium . I was out for a bit in the field , no luck yet , lots of old square nails , and bits of iron also hunted another field again no luck , ...wrecked my knee again , after twisting it this last winter in a fall , I have twisted /pulled it again if I was smart i would have it looked at ....may still if it keeps up singing the way it is .... Can't wait to get to the beach /water with it , but first want to get the 8" mono coil from Kelleyco the standard is a bit of a bear and the 5x7 coil is not the best for water hunting ...
Bill

Hey SurfCutter,

The 8" is the way to go.

If you haven't checked it out, look over the info at the Finds Garrett Infinium Class Room Forum.

Just about anything you may want to know about the machine is availible there.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

than dirt because its easier on 2 herniated disc. I use the Tiger shark in fresh water only. No good in salt, at least here in New England. I use my Excalibur Minelab in salt, great unit and even in fresh, if lots of nails from fires on the ice, it will walk right thru them like they are not there, but not great on the real small stuff. I have a Sovereign I converted for water also with the 15 inch coil for deep stuff when its all picked over and 8 inch horseshoe coil I use most of time. Also have a Fiser, but around here it drives me nuts with it liking iron nails etc. Connecticut waters were the dumping grounds for years.

I have a Garrett 2000 for dirt I like but never used their water units. Have a few friends that do in salt and they do very well....

Fresh water with the Tiger Shark those little tabs that hold on ear rings are found a lot. I used a old tea cup strainer to get at them and lead shot from duck hunters....They say its a salt water unit, but I've personally never been able to get it to hunt salt water unless I detune it so much that you might as well not do it....It seems to see the minerals in the water or something...black, forget it.....

Thats my 2 cents worth......

George-CT

Hey George,

I'll be watching for you "out there"!

The temps are starting to move into the "git outside" range for my old bones and I am watching the water every day.

Soon---------

If we can get together one day, you can take my Infinium for a spin.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

time to time. Hammansett, Ocean Beach and a few smaller ones on the Thames.. Bluff Point.... The rest I do in Rhode Island from Point Judith, to Watch Hill.... Fresh water, I'll go about anywhere in the state....I hunt a lot of the rivers up this way. Usually try to find where the old water crossings were way back when. NO ac then, and that was the days cool off and bath.... Stuff stands up well in brooks also.... Small coils are the trick in rivers and brooks....smaller the better. The water flow lifts them up like the diving planes on a sub. For salt water, I really like the Excalibur. I run it dead silent almost, in pin point mode. Good machines.....If I go to the ocean, I make it a point to hunt a brook or pond on the way home to really flush the salt out of it...... Ever hunt Block Island? I like those state beaches there off season.....
\George-CT

There has been so much huntin close to home that I could never be bothered traveling out of town.

Being self employed has put a crimp in my traveling.

I don't have the time to waste when I can be out there diggin in 15-20 minutes!

hit some of the sties until I tire of them and just look for new roads to travel. I was a traveler for work and got of liked it. Still do.
My problem is I like alot of things and try to split the time up for all of them. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I get more concerend
about the time clock of life. These golden years can be golden for the doctors but not always for the patients. I enjoy all of them as much as I can and always thankful for another one. If you have health and family, the rest frosting on the cake.

Your in good area. I used to hit the Hole in the Wall a lot and Blacks point, Rocky Neck and the Old Sound View. Watch Hill is 1 hr for me to drive as is your area so I go to Watch Hill....

George-CT

Yesterday I spread out the very small items I wrote about in the post above on a sheet of newspaper to show my wife what a great machine the Infinium is.

I pointed out the tiny metal disk maybe 3/16" in diameter and only 1/32" or so thick and the two pieces of fish hook and the little pieces of wire and lead solder and aluminum.

She showed her interest in how well the machine performed by asking, "Where's the gold?"

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

It's waitin' in the wings. You may get a few more chains than I do, but you'll get a ton more of hair pins as well. As old as I'm gettin' I'll save them for the PI folks. :lol:

I won't be getting the Excal out until the water warms. I bought it last year and I still have not found enough to make it pay for itself yet. My goal is to do just THAT this season. We'll see. If I can stay out of the boat and put more time in the water with the hookah and the Excal, I'll be able to take care of the situation

aj.

I started out last year by tuning up my 25 year old XL-500s and dug up 4 gold rings, all old and all small.

I bought the Infinium and found 12 more with one or two being recent drops and mostly small.

Only one on dry beach, the rest in the salt water. I kept one to return to its owner if I can.

Found two for a sweet old lady in her yard.

I've had much better years, but I'm still happy with how the Infinium is producing.

Considering the age and sizes of the rings, I'm inclined to think this heavily hunted area is reaching a state where only a deep seeker is going to find anything.

I found all those hairpins on dry/damp beach and don't usually find that many in the water.

Lots of women refuse to get their hair wet.

CJ