Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out detecting for 2 hours today.

George-CT

Been wanting to hit this little hole under a tree with a swing on it but it was to fast all summer. With the threat of rain tomorrow I made today the day to check it out. Still could not get into the deep part, still over my head but the next 4 weeks might let me get at all of it. Anyhow, I did manage to get a few goodies out of it. Nothing special with the exception of the 3 pictured. Quite a few coins, most of them chewed up. And the one Silver ring with a stone missing. Actually it fits me and I like it. Maybe another junk ring I have might have a stone that will fit it. The other one with the hands and other stuff, beats me what type, but its a ring. The little pendant, not sure but it gave off a great signal. I was doing it with waders on, so those limited my depth also.....

Bottom line, I enjoyed myself. Had it all to myself, 70 degrees, light breeze, so no gnats, and nice clear water. Fish were feeding as I dug up the bottom a little down stream. Used my Tiger Shark Tesoro.... Nothing fancy but I like that little unit. If you hear it, dig it....Pretty good a small items.

Here are a few shots I shot off when I got home. Nice clean hands after hours in the brook.

George-CT

I think you're right. Got to be more if you pulled all of that in just 2 hours.
Keep us posted.

Hey George,

Good to get out for a while eh?

The only rings I found yesterday hunting dry sand at White Sands Beach (the water was way too rough!) were from pull tabs!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Got a cell phone [how DO they lose them? :): ], two more watches, [both cheapies], a very nice silver bracelet, a full beer, and around $10.00 in change.

Looks as though we both had a good day!! :thumbup:

fair winds

Micheal

bottom in a lot of it is fist size rocks. The river there kinds sorts them out in that spot. Towards the middle its more sandy, I can't reach bottom there yet. River is still dropping. There is another one like this just down stream, but bigger rocks. big cliff over it and the college kids jump off it all the time. Got to be some nice stuff at the bottom but its down between bigger boulders. I like hunting stream crossings from way back when and these little swimming holes. Late summer and early fall I usually get a chance to get in them.

Geo

Wehn I used to go down south to Charleston SC, I would find cell phones pretty often. I'm thinking maybe they were just standing there waist high talking and a surprise wave would knock them over. I enjoyed hunting down south. Huge beaches, slow drop offs from shoreline so lots of area to hunt. RI beaches, at least the ones I hunt drop off fast. You are usually hunting them like a billy goat on the side of a mountain with surf. Dead of winter I find calm days and dead low but not often. I like a nice gentle rain day also. Usually flat calm, no one around and for whatever reason, it relaxes me. I bet your scoot would expose some nice stuff at a place called Watch Hill in RI. Big waves, people loose stuff a lot there but hard to find it with the surf and its steep drop off. But its there somewhere. Big North Eastern storms will toss it up on shore or strip of sand and expose. I think I spend more time on the beaches in winter than summer.

Geo

nice waders! We made good use of insulated waders when placer mining, often in winter with some ice on the stream. Insulated arm length gloves also. I often went to a heavy wetsuit and lay on my belly in the shallow water with a snorkel (2 ft ish) instead of bending over all day.

all winter along the ocean, just wash them off in the shower when I get home and use them most of the time in the summer if I just don't feel like putting on my wet suit. If its hot out they sweat some. The boots are a little heavy in them for the RI beaches. Those are long beaches and lots of walking. 3 or 4 hours and your looking to get them off.

I'm seeing you posting now and thinking things are taken a turn for the better. I hope I'm right....I see your post earlier today that
Carol was also looking at the Royals Webcam... another good sign....

I sure would of liked to tried them hunting for gold, but very little in these parts. Little in Maine but I never tried it.

Geo

It has been a long time since I have been in the water!