Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got My new Excal yesterday and .....

allison

Greetings, I received my Excal 1000 yesterday. Spent about an hour with it and another hour and one half today. I am wondering what you all have found about the "learning curve" for this machine? I did find a couple of quarters and about 8 other coins, a shell casing, a bungee cord, a bolt, and a nail. But - I am frustrated. I hope I just have to get used to it but I have trouble knowing exactly where the target is, getting the tone to reset, distinguishing tones, setting the dials etc. Sometimes I go over a target and get a strong high tone then go back to pinpoint it and it is gone! Weird sounds etc.
I have read the instruction very carefully more than twice, heeded suggestions from this forum etc. I have excellent sites to search (lake Michigan beaches, river mouths etc)
I welcome all suggestions and "hints"
I really want to master this thing.
Al

go on beach and water detecting forum, read back in posts, we just talked about that last week, for me
discriminate, not pin point
discriminate knob on 1
volume- where u like it
threshold- so u can just hear it
senstivity- put it at 11:00 position
now go get the gold, dont worry about all the tone changeing, it will do the job

[attachment 34752 P8130004Medium.JPG]

You've got to do what works for your conditions but the settings that Norm and I use (as well as a lot of other Excal users) seem to be successful in most areas.

Cheers,

BDA:cool: