Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my MD today but something weird is going on

Ok so I am putting it together and put the batts. in and it's starts beeping and stuff and so I go to turn the power off and nothing!!!! I've pushed it a dozen times and it's not shutting down!!?? WTH?

Try taking the batteries out and trying it again. Sometimes you have to hold the power switch in for a few seconds to make it go off. The same thing goes for turning the power on. I hope this fixes your problem.

I'm glad you have it working. You should enjoy your F2. After using a F5 and still using my F75, I decided to order a F2 to take with me to the beach this year. I've never been disappointed with a Fisher machine and I am looking forward to getting my F2. Good luck.

Well I got it put together, went out in the bk yard..threw down some coins and it correctly ID'd them. But it was going off quite a bit, I turned sensitivity down to 2 bars and there was still quite a bit of beeping. But I had to come in , was getting eaten alive by mosquitos.. :(

congratulations; enjoy; when the minn. state birds are not so thick take the new md for a spin and fill your pockets;

Best of Luck Fishers are Great machines
Grumpy

there is lots of emi when your close to houses i think when you go to a park or schoolyard it will run much quieter. you should get yourself a garret propointer and a good digging tool there is lots of videos on utube on the fisher f2, and proper digging methods they really helped me when i first started lets us know how it goes hh

If you start with the smallest coil you will find MUCH less EMI effect and virtually no need to pin point. You don't need deep and wide right from the start. Getting used to the unit and how to recover targets quickly and without nicking them should be your first hurdle. After that its just cruzin' and diggin' it!
Tom
:detecting::thumbup:
PS You really don't want the mosquito's to do you in before they eat you, it is much more fun on this side of the lawn.

Yep, like Tom said. Pinpointing is the first thing to master when learning a machine. Recoveries are quicker, which leads to more recoveries.

Remember now as the ground dries to try to stay with the shallow targets you can just pop out of the ground without any digging. Dry ground does not heal when it's cut up carelessly so make sure you aren't killing the grass and making yourself unwelcome out there.

I learned about dry lawns the hard way. I was working a church that had been just a bit neglected and the lawns dried up. I was not digging large enough plugs and made a mess. I walked away until the grounds keepers got on to a more regular schedule or a few days after a good rain. Fortunately I did not wear out my welcome. NASA Tom has a section on "Non-destructive Recovery Techniques" on his DVD that is worth watching (you can see it on his site without having to buy anything).
Tom