Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my F75 - First Impressions

Brainwasher

I finally bought my F75. As many of you know I had a lot of concerns about going with the F75 due to some quality "complaints" I read on this forum and other forums. After many of you fine folks addressed those issues for me...and after receiving quite a few PMs (special thanks to Mike, Don, Tim, Julien, and a few others), I decided to go for it. Now that I have received it, it seems my quality concerns were pretty much unfounded. Okay, it's not a tank, but it feels solid and isn't heavy like a tank either. It went together easily, and turned on just fine. The pole was straight, the batteries went in no problem, and they made a good connection. The battery cover locked into place tightly, the coil plugged in just fine, and the hand grip seems to be fine too. Unfortunately Colorado is frozen solid right now, so I guess I have wait awhile to see how it works, but my first impressions are good. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their input in helping me decide on a detector. Hopefully in the Spring I'll be able to post some nice finds. Thanks again to everyone for your help and input. hh jeff

I've been told that Fisher is now offering an UPGRADE to address some of the issues previously found on early release F-75's.
For $50 the owner can send in the unit and it gets the following.

1. A new designed "indestructible hand grip" .
2. A new environmental weather sealing package behind the faceplate.
3. A better battery compartment with heavier "robust springs".
4. Possibly a new trigger switch ... but don't that for sure though !

The new retail price will go up from $1099 to $1,199 and WILL include the following upgrades already installed.

Don't know when or if I'll send mine in because it seems to run perfectly and without any of the issues mentioned so far.

Good Hunting
Mike

Oops .... didn't see Mr. Bills post about the upgrades ... oh well .... here it is again incase you missed it :smoke:

congrats on the new machine..I have had no issues you mentioned, I like the size of the handle, and really like the good fit of the dust covers thats included..happy hunting..