Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my ace 250 Wed.!!!!!

cavinkeven

Well I finally got my ace250. Got to play with it for about 20 min before I had to go to work. Watched the video and read the book when I got home tonight. Then went outside and messed around a little in the dark. The depth accuracy don't seem to be real accurate, I can live with that though. Man my yard is loaded with stuff, only dug up a couple old nails. Didn't dig but a couple holes though. I notice that it jumps around a bit even with sensitivity turned way down. Got one spot that'll hit iron then go to $1 and .50 then back to iron. I'll have to dig that up sometime. May be an iron bucket full of half and silver dollars!! lol I know it's gonna take me a little to experiment and get used to what it is telling me. I get hits all over the place though in my yard. It'll look like I live in a pasture full of mongooses or is that mongeese? lol I'm gonna have holes everywhere in a week or two. Friday will be the real test, finally get to go hit some of those spots I've been looking at for years wishing I had a metal detector, just hope they don't have as much junk as I seem to have in my yard. I went ahead and ordered me a sniper coil. I'll get me a sunray probe later on after I get the hang of this. I'm gonna really enjoy this i can already tell!!!!!!!!

Great choice. I know the tape says to run it in the all metal mode and dig every beep. I think you should start in the coin mode then advance to the jewelry mode. The Sniper will pull those coins from all those beeps in your yard.

The one spot that goes from iron to $1, .50. Very rusty iron will do that. That is normal.

When it jumps around a lot, it could also be electrical interference.
Start detecting in places that has little trash, like a playground with wood chips. It is a good place to learn your MDer.

Well, I took off work tonight, just couldnt wait another day!!! lol I went to an old homeplace with just a rock chimney left and trees growing all up through where the house used to be. Was in all metal mode with sens at 4. Man there was more junk there than in my yard. Everything was pretty much hitting iron, pulltabs, and coins. Dug several, most was alum cans and iron. No coins, didn't really stay that long. It was getting dark, it's grown up pretty badly. I scanned the fireplace some. Got a few hits in the dirt up in the front of it, couldnt find anything, except roots. I'm gonna have to get me a lesche or something that'll saw. I'll try the coin thing, I did put it in coin mode a few times today, dug an old car thermostat and some kind of metal thing lol. I dug that spot in my yard that I hit last night showing $1 and .50 when I got home tonight. It was a tiny little piece of chain, thought it might be silver but when scanning after removal it showed iron. it is silver in color though. who knows. My house is in a field, no telling what kind of scrap there is, I also dug up an old rusty nail too. It bounced from iron to .10 I think. I'll get the hang of it soon. I know it'll take some time, I just hope some of the other old homeplaces dont have so much junk as the one today and as my place. Maybe I'll get that sniper tommorrow also. Even though I won't be here when/if it arrives. Thanks for the advice guys. One more thing, I found an old map online of my county and in only one spot, next to a creek, it says ruins. Nowhere else on the whole map, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out from anything else. Any idea what it could be? It's gonna be hard to get to it, alot of walking but I'm dying to check it out. Thanks

Oh and one more thing, that little chain was like 8 inches deep. I was pretty impressed with the depth, I did find it with the sens up all the way, it stopped hitting on it at about 6 bars.

I usually start the sens at 3 or 4, then work it up depending on conditions. Running at max like all-get-out hasn't worked well for me in the areas I hit. I seem to use 4 to 5 bars most time.
The 4.5 sniper coil works trash areas well. It's inexpensive too. The last few times I used the 250, I just kept the sniper coil. I can run the sniper usually at 5 to 6 bars with good stability.
A light weight machine with the sniper coil - nice combo in my opinion.

You really need the sniper for those sites. Keep after it and it will be rewarding. I would get permission and hunt "the ruins".

Although the 250 is an easy learner it will take some getting used to. On those iffy and jumpy signals use the "twitch" procedure and some of those signals will turn into good ones. Keep your sensitivity at four bars. If you have bark chip playgrounds in your area that's where you should practice with the 250 until you familiarize yourself with it. Good luck.

Bill