Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got me a new nailgun:wink: .................

n/t

n/t

My sons buddy just got one and was shooting it here last weekend. I went down to pick up the brass as he said he didn't want it. It has rained here after he left. I went down yesterday to pick up the brass and it was all rusted. Not brass at all. I guess they never figured on reloading it so just make the expendable shell as cheap as they can for one time use. He had a scope on it but I was not following what his groups were with it. I have a few 222's here and 22-250's for bench rest shooting. Cheap to shoot and little tack drivers.
He11 on wood chucks at a distance.

Let us know how it works out....

Geo

I always stuck with the bolt actions for varmint work. .222 was my favorite, cheaper to shoot and more accurate than i was:lol:

single shots most often these days. I have the 222 and 22-250 in Browning 78's and also in Ruger #1's and a few Wickliffe Customs.

One of my favorite bolt actions is a Mossberg bull rifle. Deadly in 22-250 with a 3x9 Leupold Scope on it.

Nice thing with single shots is you can load of 50 rounds and go bench rest shooting and have a nice 3 or 4 hours of shooting or on the back of a pickup with a scope and big hill on open range with a good woodchuck population. Cow farmers here like them removed and usually let you hunt them. Had a guy at our gun club who cook them up to where they were pretty tasty.

I have a range off the back porch here and my son, daughter and wife all enjoy target shooting. With today's prices on ammo, I appreciate wildcat 22 cartridges a lot. Big bore stuff off the shelf will run you$30 to $40 bucks a box. I was up to Cabella's 2 weeks ago and was pricing out a lot of stuff and it sure has changed in prices. I still have a lot of stuff left over here from way back when so am using it up before getting new stuff. We were shooting enough where we bough in power in 10lb cans. 3031 4856, 2400 bullseye etc.

I got and still get good performance out of 3031 even in the 222. Little crowed in there but it works. Seldom see a 3 shot group a nickel can't cover.

George-CT