Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got me a fat envelope,from Paramount Records,the other day.......:thumbup:

warthog

...I thought it was my lyrics to my "DOGS GAVE US FLEAS" sent back to me, along with a "thanks but NO THANKS" cover letter.....WRONG-O!........Their cover letter started out "YOUR LYRICS ARE BRILLIANT".....and IT INCLUDED A SONGWRITER'S CONTRACT!!!!......BUT, hold the phone: That was for a TWO-VERSE SONG I wrote. I have since included a THIRD VERSE, and sent this song into a Christmas song-writing contest at the same place...... Top three winnahs will get a record deal with a record label, and tons of other stuff.......WINNAHS will be announced 2-28, not 15th. I have also sent two of MY other songs," WELCOME HOME TO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD",MY VERSION OF WHAT HOPEFULLY HAPPENS AFTER I DIE, song includes references to Mom and Dad, Jesus, "the most gorgeous hand-made flattop guitar ever seen", and my four-legged friends that passed on before me, " And are all gathered here waiting to greet old Steve".........My other song I sent is "Clancy's Song/Play Me Home", about a ficticious friend I met in Church, and he found out he was dying. He wanted me there when his time came, to "play him home", which I was happy to do. I have done both these songs in Church, and when I got to the verse about "my four legged friends" in my" House Of The Lord" song, and how it turns out, I could actually see folks CRYING, it was that emotional..........ANYHOO,I have to foot the bill for the demos for the songs, as all artists do, no matter how famous or experienced they are....REALLY not too pricey, then them and I "shop her around", to publishers, producers and artists, they have a head's up on all that.........SO: Right now, I am holding the phone on the contract, until such time I get their honest input on my other two songs, and the Christmas Song Writing Competition results, winnahs announced 2-28....Stay tuned.......:blowup:......:wiggle:...ALL IN THE LORD'S HANDS,AMEN!!!!!!:cool::yo:.................................

n/t

Fantastic!! Good luck.

Maybe you can finish my song for me or make some other words up? So far what I made from jingle bells.

Dashing through the snow, riding broken skiis

Over the hills we go, crashing into trees

All the snow turns red, I think I'm almost dead

Now I'm in the hospital with stitches in my head

Jingle bells, jingle bells I hear them all day

I wish that I could see just stars and the bells would go away, Hey

Jingle bells, Jingle bells, running through my head

And this is where I get lost!!!

Maybe you can fix it? LOL

Woohoo! Too bad you aren't closer. I need a good guitar player to help me do a cover of How Great Thou Art. My granny has always been on me to make a cd and she is 94 now....I need to get on it.

Yes,here it is in 30 seconds,the ending:"but though I hear these bells I'm better off than being dead".........:shrug:..........

Congrats Steve, keep chasing your dreams and don't let anyone get in the way. May the Lord continue to Bless your dreams.