Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a little more swing time with my new 2500

The weather was warmer than it has been lately , so I took my new 2500 over to my Dad's yard that I've searched hard with my Tesoros for the last couple of months. The yard is old and loaded with trash , but I have pulled several coins out of it. In an area I searched fairly well with my Tesoros I managed to find four wheat cents with the 2500. The oldest was a 1928 and the others were from the early to mid 1940s. The other good signals turned out to be old rifle shells. The more I use the 2500 the more I like it , unfortunatley I probably have around 10 hours on it so far because as soon as I got it the weather took a turn for the worse either being too cold or rainy / snowy. The weight issue that some people have complained about hasn't been a problem for me at all. Granted my detecting outings usaully last only last 3 or 4 hours because I just don't have much free time. I think the little extra weight might actually be a blessing because it make me slow down a little. My Tesoros are so light that it's easy for me to get carried away and maybe swing faster than I should which probably causes me to miss more good targets in the long run. So anyways - so far so good with my new 2500. To heck with all the naysayers - They don't know what they are missing (Because they don't have treasure vision). Happy Hunting , Craig.

You are doing great! You are beginning to see what a powerful tool that GTI 2500 is. Keep those oldies coming.:thumbup:

Went out again last night for a little over an hour in my Dad's yard where I searched with my Tesoros and pulled out a 1939 wheat cent and two memorial cents. I also found a neat looking whachamacallit (???) and an old key that has General Motors on one side and Briggs & Stratton on the other side. Like last night the other decent sounding repeatable signals turned out to be rifle shells. I wonder the people back in the day used to shoot deer out of their yard. I live next door to my dad and there was a fork buck in my yard the other day. My house is also very old , but for some reson I find way more keepers in my Dad's yard. I know that I've searched our yards quite a bit , but the keepers still keep popping up , plus if I can handle all the trash in our yards I should be able to detect just about anywhere with no problem. I'll try to post some pictures in the upcoming weeks of some of my finds (if I can figure out how to) , but I'm gonna be pretty busy with the new baby and all. The other problem with posting pictures is that I have dial up and it takes forever to down load photos. Happy Hunting , Craig

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying your 2500. I have some finds to post but my camera is across the street in my truck and it's pouring out so I'll post tomorrow but I will share this story. I hit this school today sort of neat the Atlantic Ocean. Maybe 10 miles away. The soil was very sandy and I was only stopping to find one coin, more about that in my next post. I found a couple of coins but not what I was looking for. The 2500 was not doing well. I thought it was the soil so I tried salt elimination and still nothing. This was a huge school and I was wondering why my 2500 was struggling so. A custodian approached and I was sure I was about to get the boot and he told me that the side of the school I was hunting on had just been built and that this was the first year it has been occupied. He directed my toward the old side of the school and I found what was looking for in about 2 minutes. I guess the point of my story is that sometimes it's not the detector it's the guy swinging it or the site or any number of other things.

It was brought up recently that the 2500 has poor depth in discriminate mode. There are probably other high end machines that go deeper in their discriminate mode. My 2500 finds and IDs modern clad coins at 5-6 inches with great regularity. Silver coins a couple of inches deeper. When I hit old coin sites where stuff might be deeper I have the luxury of switching to True All-Metal.

Imaging is where it's at. I said that a day or two after I got my 2500 and it applies today. I love imaging. When I get a target that rings up around quarter and it is larger than size B it is almost never a quarter. Maybe one time in twenty it's a quarter or a small coin spill.

Slow down? I have to say that to myself all the time. Overlap your swings, Chris. Slow down, Chris. What's your hurry, Chris? Someday I'll be as patient as Uncle Willy.

I have a lot of free time and I can't hunt much more than 2-3 hours lately. My arm and back are fragile after a long season. I think I have around 400-500 hours of serious hunting in so far in 2008. Not much time left. Cold weather is coming in tomorrow. I charged up my batteries this morning. Hopefully I'll get to run them down one more time before calling it quits in 2008.

Chris

I download my photos from my digatal camera in My pictures on my computer. I tried to post some photos about a month ago on a different forum and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Like I said before " I'm pretty computer illiterate" . The other forum was asking for information to post the photos that I just didn't know what to type in or where to get the information to type in from and I got pretty frustrated and haven't tried since. I've never tried to post a photo on this forum yet. Maybe it's less complicated than the one I tried to post in before. I'll try to give it a whirl soon , but I'm going to be busy the next few days. Maybe when things settle down I'll give it a shot. Craig