Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a letter from Paramount Song today,WOW!!!!!!!!:rofl::thumbup::crazy::cool:.......

warthog

They demoed my songs........They informed me that my song,'Clancy's Song/Play Me Home' has been selected along with others that were considered the best songs they have gotten so far this year,that will be put on a CD,titled 'Catch a Rising Star'.It is a very limited edition,and will be made available to publishers,producers,and recording artists throughout the whole music industry.These songs were seleted by a panel of music industry pros.It will also be made available to selected radio stations.AND,FOR A SMALL FEE($15),they will send it to the radio station of my choice,along with a letter of intro as a new songwriter,imagine THAT!!!!!!So:If someone here knows any radio station,Christian or otherwise,all I need is the address and call letters,I will spring for the $15 bucks.I hope to find a radio station with a lot of listeners,they are always looking for something new to play.
This is in addition to my 'Our Dogs gave us Fleas for Christmas' song going on sale on itunes amazon and startune this Christmas,and the other songwriting contest I entered that has the same prizes,being put on itunes and amazon and startune for sale,winners announced this July 31st.
I will say this:Folks really listen to my songs,taking in every word.I have made folks cry with my lyrics,they have had many good things to say about my music.
Now,it seems some important in the know folks are taking notice.ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD,AMEN!!!!:thumbup:

I'm sorry to be negative, but you are being scammed.
Paramount is one of many such places that make their money selling bogus "services" to people who want to be songwriters.
- Legitimate businesses have phone numbers and e-mail addresses and actual names of people on their websites
- The address they give on West End Ave. is nowhere near Music Row (about 2 miles away)
- Notice that they do not mention one -- not one -- name of any song that they have ever been responsible for getting cut.
- Anyone can join the NSAI or CMA.

This is not how the music and song publishing businesses work.
Publishers, producers and recording artists do not listen to those CDs. They find songs by (among other ways) being pitched those songs by reputable publishing companies who represent professional songwriters.
Legitimate radio stations do not play these CDs over the air. Never.
Anyone can get their songs on iTunes, Amazon, etc. You do not need a company to do that for you, and you certainly should not be paying for it.

If you want to pay someone to make a simple demo of your song, that's fine, but with very few exceptions, anyone who asks you to pay money to "help you" with your songs is scamming you. In the real music business, songwriters get PAID for their songs, they don't pay to have them listened to.

Here we go again,all the naysayers chiming in.Paramount has done EVERYTHING promised,I WON THEIR CONTEST AND CASHED THEIR CHECKS,I CHECKED THEM OUT WITH THE BBB,HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT A GOOD HISTORY WITH THEM.THEY ARE TWO MILES OFF OF MUSIC ROW,WHO CARES WHERE THEY ARE???They are promising NOTHING,....Ask some of the folks on here that have heard these songs I have had demoed what they think.I am not a babe in the woods here,keep your advice on 'scams' to yourself....

I AM SICK of every time I post on here about this,the know it alls have to put their not asked for two cents in.I am doing this for God,this is part of my ministry.All you know it alls blather about what I have heard before are looking at it from a money,or 'scam' viewpoint,and getting rich and famous IS NOT MY GOAL.I WILL KEEP THIS TO MYSELF FROM NOW ON-DO ME A FAVOR,KEEP YOUR 'EXPERT' advice to yourself,I have heard this trash before.

Warty, I think you are over reacting.
Maybe you should take a day before replying to these posts. Sounds like these two brothers in Christ have some experience in this situation. Maybe even one of them got scammed and do not want you going down the same road. If I was in your shoes I would be soaking up all their knowledge that they are willing to share. I doubt very much that your Christian brothers are trying to knock you down.
I think you owe them an apology for letting your emotions drive your post.

I am mature enough to know there are risks in everything.And,I do NOT CLAIM to know more than everybody else in Nashville,I KNOW ANYBODY can put their music up for sale online,.I checked them out with the BBB in Nashville,TWO complaints in the last three years,both reconciled by Paramount.I am realistic enough to know that I will not be Entertainer of the Year,that is NOT WHAT I WANT.This simply started by sending my material for free evaluation,and away it went,and NO,THEY DID NOT ASK FOR TONS OF MONEY UP FRONT.If my songs go nowhere,so what??If they don't it wasn't meant to be,no matter who does it,or I do it myself.AM I RIGHT????.......I do not feel the need to explain myself,but PLEASE TRUST ME,I GOT IT COVERED...........Steve.

Information on how the legitimate songwriting business works is readily available. You can seek it out and learn how the business works, or not.
If you choose not to inform yourself and would rather waste your time with bogus operations like Paramount, that's your business.

By dealing with Paramount (and other companies like them), you are not only guaranteeing your songs will never be seen by anyone who can really help you, you are putting a big sign on your forehead that says "AMATEUR - DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY." You may be the best Christian songwriter since Mark Heard, but no one will ever know it or care if you continue to associate with the likes of Paramount.

BTW, yes. I am a Nashville songwriter (though I no longer live full time in Nashville), and I am represented by a legitimate publisher on Music Row.

OK. I'm done now.

Dude,...... you know we are all huge Fans of yours, your ministry, capability and talents,:please:

Just saying is all, i've never metcha, still, sincerely concerned about you and Marcia, your walk and the power of your ministry.....you got three 'be careful' replies to your post...all giving you a brotherly warning, add me to that....and you got 4...dont slam replies/advice when you posted this in the first place, no more so than I would expect if I was contemplating on something financial and let everyone here know, like if I wanted to buy a boat, I would hope for some sort of pushback/common sense from my brothers!..:rofl:..and I bet I know a lot more about boats than y'all! :rofl: see? pride jumps right up!....it means nothing (financially) to us if you succeed or fail in this musical endeavor, so we are your arbitrary sounding boards and Brothers...

All of us here will be very upset and hurt if you get taken for a ride, and so we warn, as any good friend who dont know the details, what else can we do?...

We here will love and appreciate you no matter what, and of course wish you nothing but good...we all want you to succeed for the Lords glory, not yours...theres plenty out there that will tickle your ears, take your money, time, talent, treasure, relationships....Steve! You know thats right! Thank your Bros. for their concern and prayers for you right now, or you may as well be posting this news on a facebook page, basking in the shallow platitudes of who knows who...most likely teenagers that dont know any better...

Warty,
For what it's worth, I've been down that road many, many years ago. They did a demo for me asking foe money to continue. I talked with several pros I knew at the time & they told me to save my $$$ because it was a scam. Again...for what it's worth. Go in w/both eyes wide open!

I am NOT DOING THIS FOR FAME OR RICHES,it is not my goal to be the next person on everybody's lips.None of you seem to understand what I am saying,here.If this is a scam,shame on them.I never have come by things easily,and would just as soon stay an unknown to all but God,whom knows my intentions.NOBODY ,NOBODY can guarantee you success,but I will say this:EVERYBODY Ido my songs for LOVES THEM,and that means more to me than anything else.
I have exclusive rights to my songs to do what I want with them,so I will ask this:David GC,I know how hard it is for an unknown to get heard.If I REALLY wanted to pursue this,point me in the right direction.Help me out here-What I am asking is this:From one Christian brother to another,Please just do not SAY YOU KNOW,PROVE IT BY HELPING ME OUT HERE....Imust apologize to you all for coming off as hot headed,but I have heard it all before,and there are no guarantees in life........Warthog.:shrug:

As I said, the information is out there and freely available.

You could start with reading any of Jason Blume's Books.
http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Blume/e/B001KI225C/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1
Jason is a great guy and the real deal; he's a working songwriter who loves to teach others the craft of songwriting.
For advice on writing, get his "6 Secrets to Songwriting Success" (a "schlockey" title, I know, but the best book I've ever read on the basic craft of writing songs (I've used it as a textbook when teaching songwriting workshops myself)
For advice on how the business works, try his "The Business of Songwriting."

You should be able to find out some info at the websites for the three performing rights organizations in the U.S. -- BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC. (BMI and ASCAP are the older and better known organizations, but SESAC is big with a lot of folks in Christian music)

Depending on where you are in your journey as a songwriter, you might consider memberships with Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI).
Membership is about $150 per year; a little pricey, yes, but they are also "the real deal." They offer workshops, seminars, song critiques by pro writers and a bunch of other stuff for people who are trying to learn the craft and business of songwriting. They also are the leading lobbying voice in Washington for songwriters (which becomes much more important once you've had some success). Depending on where you live, there might be a local chapter near you that would offer monthly meetings and other services (including just the chance to hang out with other songwriters).

There is no secret to becoming a songwriter. Essentially, the steps are:
-- write
-- write some more
-- listen to music; know what is happening in your genre
-- write even more (one of the axioms of songwriting you often hear in Nashville is that you have to write your first 100 songs before you start to write high-quality songs consistently, so get those first 100 songs written as soon as possible).
-- Get involved and stay informed about what's going on in your part of the music/songwriting business. Know who is recording and with whom.
-- Go to workshops, seminars, etc -- anything that will get you involved with the professional music community
-- write even more
-- Present your songs to publishers (or other pros with legitimate contacts) in any acceptable way until you find one that is wiling to pitch some of your songs to producers/artists/labels/artist management, etc

There are other ways, but this is the "standard path" for writers trying to break into the business. Most who try never get this far. Of those who do, the average time it takes before achieving even the beginnings of success (defined as having your songs presented to major recording projects) is six years for those who live in a "music center,": (Nashville mostly, L.A and New York to some extent). For those who do not live in Nashville and still manage to make it, the average is 11 years before anything starts to really happen.

I hope this helps.
Good Luck.

That is not true! I won 1st place in a song contest with my lyrics. I was honored with a $100 check and a 5 piece demo. The song sounds incredible. It has since been uploaded to Startunes. I have my own MP3 copy and a CD disc for my own use and I can promote my song as well. Nothing is free and nothing is easy. It is not a scam.

God bless

Hello WG Steve, congrats and don't give up, for if God is really with you in your songs and music writings for Him, He will take you far, by honoring and glorifying Him for everything! Now, many have failed along the way, but don't let that bother you, for if God Jehovah be for you, who can be against you? But I would like for you to remember, all the warnings that you rec when you were trying to date and find a lady to love while you were still married and you really got on your high horse many times, even with me, when we tried to show or tell you what you were doing wrong and not waiting for the divorce and going from there! Look what has happened by taking it slow and in stride to be where you are now with a loving wife, who loves the Lord and sings, too! Tone your emotions down and allow Jesus to give you the words to speak and the guidance you need to go far with your singing and playing on CDs and being played on the radios! I haven't heard your songs but would love to, so all I am saying is take it easy and please don't fly off the handle, by remembering what was before you have come this far!

Jesus loves you and He will be with you, but you must love and your words in posts and music must reveal this love for the One and Only Savior Who saved you and me and Who will save others and help them to endure and overcome all things by praying and seeking His will in all things! I hope that Paramount and all other music channels will be on the up and up and that your songs will be recorded and played on many stations, but as others have warned just be careful and know who and what you are dealing with! God's Spiritual guidance is never wrong, so listen carefully, lean on and trust in Jesus, always! Allow your good Brothers to help you and do not be discouraged, for we must be encouraged to continue believing in Jesus, Who increases our faith, and in going forward in serving Him in whatever He calls us to do, for worshipping and honoring our Heavenly Father, Jehovah God, in Jesus' precious and holy name! God Bless, in Christ's wonderful and forgiving love! Amen! Ma