Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a good one on Monday…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Went with two friends Monday morning. Top of the ground had a frozen crust about an inch thick but no problem pushing through it. Then soft dirt till you got to about 5" then it was frozen. Ended the day with 7 wheats, a 56 nickel, a smashed penny that is likely a wheat or Indian. some misc relics, and the best was the 1850 large cent in pretty nice shape. I sure like the green patina on this one. It was 7" down so I had to get through 2" of frozen dirt to get her out. This is one of the nicer ones I have dug. Dug a pile of trash too.

[attachment 327301 IMG_1842.JPG] [attachment 327302 IMG_1843.JPG]
[attachment 327303 IMG_1844.JPG] [attachment 327304 IMG_1845.JPG]
[attachment 327305 IMG_1840.JPG]

Congrats on the nice digs and especially the 1850 Large Cent, as it is a beauty! Had the white stuff here last night and early morning....was like a Winter Wonderland with wet stuff on the trees, bushes and everywhere, but has melted a lot today, so hasn't stayed very long! Power lines and trees are down in St. Louis, MO! :angel: Ma

WTG on the digs ! That LC sure is in great shape for being in the the ground. I dug 81 coins today but no goodies. Steve in so la

Man those are some nice finds. That is probably the nicest large cent I have ever seen dug. Congratulations.