Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Google Earth

I do. I look at potential parks for sand volley ball courts. Sand beaches and ball parks. I use it to look at old sites too. Like I have access to a 40 acre park that used to have Cottages on it. They were built in the 1880's to 1920. If I see a clearing, pond or ? I set my GPS and go looking. A GPS is a great hunting tool.

I like to look at old maps from 1880s that show old house locations and then compare them to google earth and see if the house sites might be in a park or forest or some were i can hunt. i have found a couple of cellar hole this way.

I have used Google Earth quite a few times. You can actually see the old streets of an old ghost town that is a few miles from home. If you get a picture from the right time of year you can make out the discolored ground from where the foundations use to be. Also the old maps of the area from the late 19th century show where to look for old houses that have been dozed and turned to farm fields. Really helpful to me. Todd

Been using it for some along with maps.live etc. One of them though I was paying an annual fee due to the use of topo updates to a GPS unit.