Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Google Earth sparked a memory....................................

WillyP

I couldn't have been more than three and a half or four years old. I'm an only child and both parents died quite some time ago so all I have to go on in this short story are memories and some of what my Mom told me, jumbled by a head injury at the time, but here goes.............

I came into this world on a short drive from Salem, Oregon to my folk

Good story Willy. I have very few memories of myself at that age. I will see if I can dredge up a few.

Sunny skies

M

Head injury you say? I suspected it all along.
Google Earth has awakened many memories in me also.People don't realize it but it works fine, but slower, with a dial up modem. I use it every day for something or other. I find all my caches with it

Thanks for the post! Two good ones

doctor WAS Gene Wilder's twin! Good one O J!

A close call for you and your family.I would have probably had to clean out my pants if that happened to me!

Lil Brother:)

slobber on your chin in the pipe picture:biggrin:,sorry to hear both your parents are gone,i bet your mom was a nervous wreck for a couple of weeks after that,you story has stirred one up in my memory.

friends say you are a riot! Been living with that head injury a long time, eh? :rofl:

On a more sober note, I do believe it is a blessing when we do not remember all the details of such a trauma you and your parents were fortunate to survive. My best friend's mother just came home from the hospital after a lengthy stay (90 years old and so independent) but for about 4 days was on a respirator. She doesn't remember that part and that is a blessing indeed! One just never knows all the blessings we receive on a daily basis.

More stories, Bill. You have them in your soul, bring them forward and share them with us! :)

n/t

I'm glad it wasn't the obits.....That's a great "life story" Willy. Wow, sometimes life can be measured in inches. Hope to hear another one soon !

p.s.- I've still got a fair amount of stories to read but I'm loving every minute of it !!