Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goofy arsed Neighbors

Royal

Back in about 1967 my wife Carol and I had a house built in what was then the country. It was not the country like Mike sees it but country like Linda sees it. It was not the wild west but our lot was over one and a half acres and coming from a 50 ft lot in a little town it was enormous. Our old house was 800 sq ft and the new one was 1500 and all brick. We were moving up.

A year after we built a house was started on the lot next to us. We were a little apprehensive because we had no idea who was moving in and good neighbors are great but bad ones could make life hell.

As the house was being built we watched to get a glimpse of the new owner. One day when the house was all roughed in they drove into our driveway and came to the house to introduce themselves. Their name was Jim and Chris and they had two young children, about the ages of our three, all between 6 and 10.

They were a little younger than Carol and I but not much. They seemed real nice and I figured if they minded their own business we would get along just fine.

That is pretty much how it turned out. We were friends, went to each other

That was my thought as I was reading. Please as punch it went that way. I like to play with clowns who ignore you when your trying to be polite but still want them to listen to you. It was like that when we lived down at the coastline with small lots. Everyone was protective of every square inch of it. Had to cut your grass with a transit or risk getting sniped....LOL....

We have the dog problem up this way as people just drop them off out in the country and hope you take them in or they start feeding on your animals and thats not in the animals best interest. I'll ask nicely the first few times but after that, its Do what ya gotta do to fix the problem.

Good post. The well pipes triggered one in me I'll post later tonight or tomorrow. Kinda of funny...

George-CT

cause i'm not sure what woulda happened. Either we would be fishing alla time or at each others throats and your so big i woulda had to cheat;):biggrin:
More coming? Good read!

all to my wifes amazement and learned the boy. Jim was a good guy but could drive a normal man crazy. He died young

I mind my own business and expect them to do the same. I have been here for 16 years and not had a minutes problem with any of them but Denny, one of them had a constant fight with the guy I bought it from.

I expect them to treat me with respect and I sure do the same.

You and I are too much alike to not get along.:thumbup:

here about Jim cutting down an oak tree for my wife after we split:rofl:

I have had a few strange neighbors over the years also. I bet you taught him to watch behind him when he backed his car up!:lol:

If it's not hurting anything, why call the dog warden ? Man, that's funny. I like the pole/blocker too. :thumbup: Looking forward to the rest !

You could really have a great time with neighbors like Jim...lots of laughs to be had. There is a neighbor similar to Jim in our neighborhood, but I pretty much leave him alone, as well as the other neighbors. I am sorta a quiet type and seldom do anything that would make any of them yell. I really liked this story and will be looking forward to the next story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

help the others in any way you can but not be dumped on. I have never had a fight with a neighbor. I always got along with Jim too but he was not a buddy.

n/t

we can have such "dry spells", then we can get on another roll. I like it when the rolls start coming in! Can't wait for more! :)

n/t

Sad that some people are like that that they are their own worst enemy , I guess it's like they say if you are going to be stupid you better be tough or a quick learner...

Thanks for sharing , we all at one time or another have run into people like this my biggest worry is not being that one for somebody else ...
Bill

...I never heard of a death sentence for FARTING dogs! :lol:

Sounds like your neighbors were characters. You could have had some worse ones for sure.

aj

n/t

i 've heard of people getting rid of dogs for a couple of reasons but farting wasn't one of them:lol:.its a shame that we,meaning me also pre judge people before we have the facts,like the man and his son sharing a house.