Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goodbye Tree

C. Nyal de Kaye

We had a bit of good news two weeks ago when we got permission to cut down a very large Mexican Pine tree in our backyard. It is about 100 feet high, has two trunks and, by any way of looking at it, it is a pain in the neck.

How a Mexican Pine got into our backyard is impossible to know, but there will be some rejoicing tomorrow when it all comes down.

We get half a huge bin full of pine needles every other week, not to mention those that block up our guttering as well. Nothing wil grow under that tree.

After Church yesterday morning we called on our "over the back fence" neighbour and told them the news. For a moment there, I thought that they were going to kiss us, they were so pleased.

The only problem: it will cost us $2400.

We are all geared up to go.

You have to have permission to cut a tree in your own yard? Glad you get to cut it.

It is a huge tree, no real space to drop it in, and other homes near enough to suffer real damage if it is done incorrectly.

Unemployed people would not have the insurance, should it all go wrong.

If the tree was in an open space my boys would have done it, but it's not and hence the high cost.

Despite the cost we will just be happy to see the end of it.

large Spruce that has two trunks with one half dying and like you, I sure would like to get rid of this nuisance but God will have to provide by bringing buyers for my home who will have the finances to have it cut down or provide me with the finances to get rid of it.....so it is completely in God's hands in Jesus' name and I pray that your huge Pine will be taken down with no trouble! Amen! :angel: Ma

Fly me out there I'll do it much cheaper! :thumbup: