Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

good underwater beach detector

asthlan1

Im moving to the beach in two weeks, right on the beach so i got rid of my M6 and i am looking for a water machine. My budget is $1000 for everything detector scoop and all. With that said what is my best option, i want something new with a warranty. I dont have preferences as to brand and i am actually not very familar with the water detectors. I have been doing alot of research on this site but there are quite a few options.
Details
west coast florida, something water and land would be nice, but i would sacrfice and just prefer water hunting if needs be and buy a cheap detector for the sand, and this will be solely for saltwater surf/beach hunting
any and all help is appreciated

You could look at a Detector Pro machine and a nice scoop and be well under 1,000 dollars.

Just an option

BCOOP

Hi Ashton; I have a Whites Surfmaster Amphibian 2. My fried has a Headhunter which is a good detector but it is "always" being repaired. :ranting: Mine has never broken down. Whites now makes the Beachh Hunter ID. I've seen it at work. does great on small items. Don't know but onlyadvice I can give you. Good Luck. You came to the right place for that advice. PEACE:RONB

If the beaches are relativly iron free the whites dual field PI could be a good choice, or if iron laden maybe the BHID also whites(<-not used this one) enough left over with either for a good scoop, wetsuit etc. You could also consider a good nearly new 2nd hand unit from the likes of Richard, they come up now and again.
The PI unit might just give you the edge depth wise if there are many hunters on the patch.

Surf PI Pro Dual Field metal detector combines turn-on-and-go ease and unbeatable depth and sensitivity. Plan on alot of digging..............

Apollo said:
Surf PI Pro Dual Field metal detector combines turn-on-and-go ease and unbeatable depth and sensitivity. Plan on alot of digging..............

the PI Pro and Surf Pi Dual Field are two different machines

The Dual Field has a 12" spider like coil(supposedly neutral but it floats), 3 controls gain threshold and Adjustable Pulse Delay, the pi pro has a 9.5 (i think) either floating or weighted and only 2 controls, gain and threshold, you can't change the pulse delay Whites Dual Field or Whites Surf Pi Pro

I suggest only one Detector--Minelab Excaliber ( 8 inch coil ) with a Babbs straight rod and a Babbs Scoop with stainless steel tip..gosports1@aol.com

:minelab::clapping::minelab::detecting:
enough said.....
hh
john

goldnugget said:
I suggest only one Detector--Minelab Excaliber ( 8 inch coil ) with a Babbs straight rod and a Babbs Scoop with stainless steel tip..gosports1@aol.com

I like the excalibur too, but all that NEW for $1000 is just imposible, closer to $1500 me thinks

I purchased a new Surf PI Pro in December and have really been impressed with it. I don't believe that White's is still making them so it may be hard to find. I recently purchased a gently used Dual Field, which is on its way, and has most of its 2 year warranty left. Even a new Dual Field and a good scoop should be available in your budget range.

I have a used not abused whites pi pro if you are interested . Metltec@telus.net hh KW

White's PI Pro or Dual Field. Yes they are different but both really good and in your budget.

Happy hunting

Look at the classifieds. Sometimes there are fine used machines there.