Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good Times Scratchin'

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Hope it warms up for you folks soon.
Here in Tx the weather and weed (height and thickness) conditions are probably the best they will be all year for detecting.
April might bring some rain and soften the ground up a little but other than that this is pretty much prime time.
You can keep your coil right on the ground.
Right now my goal is to get out at least once a week. More if i can find the time.
So far so good.
[attachment 257630 001.JPG]
Last week found some quarters...that was cool.
Was in an old yard and every time I got a quarter signal I got excited (silver and rings like to hit at a quarter a lot of the time on my gti2500)....and it turned out to be a quarter.
It was good times and made me smile.
Quarters are a lot better than the other common result of a quarter signal on my machine which is usually a piece of junk.
So then came the last hit of the day. Was on the side of the house where it used to be overgrown and got a good quarter bell tone at five inches.
Out pops a worn old green 65 washington...uhgh...so close...I did smile and have a laugh about it knowing it could have been another grommet.
[attachment 257631 007.JPG] [attachment 257632 012.JPG] [attachment 257633 013.JPG]
This week my dad found us a place. He can't move around too well or long and is using some ancient machine but still engaged and trying.
The yard had some fill dirt and so anything was possible.
After about a half hour and a few deep dimes(digging through the fill dirt) near the sidewalk at about one and a half inches or less out pops the 20 merc. Surprise!
Then back up by the curb I snag the two wheats. A 37 and 42.
They were both about six inches.
One beeped good though short both ways but couldn't give a depth.
This was the max depth for these conditions and settings that my machine would work.
There might have been more good targets but my guess is they were hiding under the fill dirt.
We had fun...Dad found a few cents...but gotta get him a current machine and a pro-pointer.
With something like the Ace350 I guarantee with his limited mobility he'd have a lot more fun especially with his ability to find these hot spots.
Enjoy the pics and HH!

Just a word of warning, If he does get another newer detector Buy it New. I got a Ace 350 from a pawn shop and I think they pawned it because it was defective. I wish I had my money back. But great find on the silver. :)

i feel for ya on that pawn shop deal i got burned on a electric guitar only 1 pick up worked and no volume or tone

Tldoux...Garrett has superior customer service...you might want to call them (phone number on their website) or e-mail them. Garrett is very well known for their support services I have a feeling they will get you detecting with your 350 very soon.