Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good PinPointer?

Danno

Hi guys,

What is a good pinpointer to purchase?

There used to be something called a SunProbe, XProbe? (or similar name) that worked in-line between the coil and control box on the Minelab Explorer.

Is there any similar product for the X-Terra 705 ?

Whatever you can recommend.

Danno

They do not make one for the X-Terra series. The ability to change Freqs is a big issue. Me I use and really like the Garrett Pro Pinpointer. Very wll made, does the job, and easy to use, Beale.

yep

The Garrett ProPointer has become a favorite of many.

Garrett pro pointer, rugged, waterproof. I love mine, won't leave home without it.

Thanks all,

I'm sold.

Cheers,

Danno.:)

I'm really happy with my Garrett Pro Pointer. Very well built.

Doug

You kind of get the impression that everyone loves their Garrett Pro-Pointer. I do too! Fair warning: if you buy one and start using it, you won't have anything else:geek:.

You cannot go wrong with Garrett's Pro Pointer. Plus, Garrett will replace it with a brand new one if it malfunctions during the guarantee period. I could not MD without it.
HH
Chuck

Can't wait to get one after reading all these positive reports. I am going for a hunt tomorrow and will be very concsious of what I'm missing out on!

Just waiting on payday next week!!

Danno:)

I use a Vibraprobe 570, gets a good 2" depth, also have two older Vibraprobe 560s and they get maybe 1" depth. The XT70 and the Vibraprobe pinpointers interfere with each other so I have to keep them about 4' apart. I like what I have but maybe I'll get a Garrett Propointer since it has a good review here. Pinpointers help out a lot! HH, Mike

I have 3 different pinpointer probes. The first one I got, trying to save money, is a Centech from Harbor Freight. It does work but not very well and for $15 guess you get what you pay for. Upgraded to a Pistol Probe and it is like night and day difference. 5-6" depth means I can home in on the target 99% of the time before even breaking ground. Great probe but at $170 it should be. My other probe, that I have fallen for, is the one you were trying to find in your question. It is the Sun Ray X-1 inline probe for my Explorer SE. The depth is not quite as good as the Pistol Probe but the other advantages make it my favorite probe. With the inline probe all I have to do is flip a switch and lay the detector down to start pinpointing and digging. No removal of headphones since it signals through the detector circuit to the same set I'm already wearing. This also gives me the same disc. sounds I have set on my detector so I don't pick up all the trash that may be close or in the same hole. If I want it to go all metal, like the other probes do, I just push the pinpoint button on my detector and it goes all metal. Never any interference with the detector either since by flipping the switch it turns off the main coil and switches to the probe only. As far as I know, no other probe gives you this advantage plus it is powered off the detector so no fear of not having the extra batteries for the probe. If you are a single detector hunter, I would go with the inline Sun Ray made for your detector before spending $$ on anything else. Having and using multiple detectors, I still like and use the Pistol Probe but have never tried the Garrett Pro pointer which I'm sure is a good tool also.

Can,t hunt without mine! Just makes recovery so much easier.( that is the garrett pro pointer)