Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good or Bad: BOUNTY HUNTER BHJS JR Metal Detector

hard2find

Does anyone have good/bad experience with this model?
It seems to be marketed a lot.

Is it good for detecting non-ferrous metal?

Says the tone increases as the target gets closer. Is this from 4 feet away from the target?

Thank you for reading.

If you are getting tones from four feet away, you either have an unusually powerful unit, or something is wrong. I am not familiar with you unit, I have Sharp Shooter II, but with sensitivity set and discrimination at about 11:00 I usually pick up good signals within two to four inches of my target and go from there. I haven't found any of the Bounty hunters to be bad, some are just better. Experience is the best teacher, but this forum is often very useful. Back on June 11, BH_Landstar posted a pretty good example on how to "X" a target. You might want to check it out. If you don't have the manual, go online, and read through it. The practice in your back yard or at a local park. Your luck will improve with experience. The school of hard knocks is sometimes the best teacher.

If your detecting coins from 4 feet away, I want your machine!!!...The Jr. was meant to be a starter unit for children..gives them a machine to play with as your using yours...it WILL find anything the others will find, just not as deep, and it does not have all the bells and whistles the others might have...I would recommend a Tracker 4 if this is your first machine, or the Sharp Shooter II if your experienced....

HH,

BH-LandStar

i have one that came with another bh as a fathers day package. my hubby has one and my little 2 year old uses the jr. he does find coins believe it or not. but from what i can tell its mainly a surface detecytor dosnt go very deep. but i havent used it much at all