Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good ol' days! Part two........

Wayne in BC

We slept until 9 am, me gleefully waking Larry with a splash of water..after i skimmed the ice off the bucket:lol: That felt good! If i had known then what i found out a bit later, well he may have got much more than that!
Coffee and breakfast, then i left Cliff and Larry to stow the gear and feed properly. I had my eye on a big dead Pine a couple hundred yards from camp. We needed lots more firewood and i had brought my spanking new Stihl chainsaw, it was gonna get its first job, no more of the cranky old Mculloch for me!

I took the path with my saw, extra gas/oil and wedges for the nasty twisty stuff. The saw was already gassed up and after sizing up the old snag i fired her and .....rubrububub.....RUB?! What the heck kind of a saw had they sold me?! Had some dumb kid in the back put the chain on backwards? .....Nope! The chain was on proper but it was a trashed mess! Teeth bent sideways or missing all over it!

I knew instantly what had happened. When Cliff and i got back with the last load there had been a bit of smoke smudge coming from the firepit, not much, but we knew Larry had tried to start a fire after we left, maybe making amends, but it had not worked for a drunk guy and he had crawled back into the tent and passed out for good. That morning i had noticed that the rocks around the firepit were askew but paid little heed, until now and i headed back.....

I went straight to the firepit where the evidence was sickenly apparent. There had been a couple 4 ft logs laying there waiting for bucking, now one was partly cut up and blackened, the other had numerous "rub" marks, and the rocks all had big shiny scratches!!!!:rage::rant:
I explained not very diplomatically to Larry Lamebrain that.....
It was a brand new saw!
I did not have a spare chain!
HE was taking a trip to town for a chain!

3 more days until the hunter arrived and i had to do some scouting so i grabbed some munchies, stomped off and spent the day spooking around the area. I was more than satisfied with my scouting. Just a skiff of snow fell and i caught this guy sleeping:thumbup: I backed off quietly after taking his pic......we would meet again.

Continued......

I was a sneaky rascal!:biggrin:

[attachment 40311 sleepingMoose1.jpg]

...you could get THAT close to the bull...and then have the presence of mind to take his portrait.

I think I would have given Larry a rectal exam with the bar of your new saw!

I know this is gonna be good.

aj

and it was a bit windy, in my favor. I sneaked away but pussyfooted. He was sound asleep, having i think, just done battle over some darn girls:biggrin: There were several areas nearby that were chewed up and trees broken off.
Glad that i found some pics to back up my stories, and glad you enjoy, thanks!

yourself. They really must jog some memories

But you don't need them to back up your story !:smoke: Chainsaw huh ? I would have wanted to clobber that guy. Goin' to part three.

n/t