Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good Morning everyone!! Everyone that is left that is :D

Royal

Going to be a nice day it seems

n/t

n/t

I was in the woods here by my house at a little after 6:00am. I was scouting turkeys for the upcoming season. I had saw some natural scratch yesterday so I decided to be there after day light this morning.

I began with some soft clucks and then in to some low yelps. About 200 yards of I heard some birds cackle---right where I thought they would be.

Suddenly, behind me, I heard more birds in a different group cackle. I had walked underneath then coming in. I became more agressive with my calling and began yelping and cutting, yelping and cutting. I heard a Tom gobble from where I heard the first birds then another gobble from the second group.

I was sitting on the side of an old road when I looked up and saw a hen walking down the middle of the road about a hundred yards away. I was fully camoflauged and she COULD NOT see me. She walked within 20 yards of me, clucking at every breath.I finally got tired of watching her so I waved my arms at her when she flew in to a tree at 15 yards. I kept yelping/clucking and I could see her head trying desperately trying to find me.I didnt have to call any longer. I had a live bird doing it for me!

After getting bored at this, I began to walk back towards the truck. After I had walked 75-100 yards, all hell broke loose. I had turkeys flying off the roost for 15 minutes in every direction. Probably 30-50 birds!

It's going to be a heck of a season. I will be trying to make up for lost time last year.

Happy Hunting!

Lil Brother:)

n/t