Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good luck story

steve in so la

I had been detecting an old Civil War site for several years and had dug almost all insignias associated with the site. I knew what regiments, etc had been there and I had detected all but one - the letter C representing a unit there.

One day I was going along digging and up popped what looked like a pull tab bent in half. I knew that very few people had been there so I put it in my pouch to check out at home. Imagine the surprise when it cleaned up & straightened up (very carefully) to see my long looked for letter C.

2cyi6f9.jpg

Now my collection is complete. Check things out at home instead of in the field. You can always throw it away at home.

Steve in so la

I have a nice company K letter. I just got back from a CW hunt. I have and pretty cool find to share later!

Indeed Nice Finds Steve! You and so many others have so much more experience than I do even though I have hunted for many years. Being that we don't have any Civil War areas here in west Michigan, I've not found anything like what you've found. Surely there is much I could learn from you and your experience. :)

Nice find and display....you really do show your finds by displays....and that way it is better than me putting them away and now some in boxes that I still haven't been able to unpack! Congrats....you and Mike and many others do so well on :detecting: Gotta have good detector and good or great places to hunt! :angel: Ma