Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good hunt today

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Met up with Mike from Chicago and 6 others today. Mike got an 06 Barber dime. My keepers are 4 wheats, a 35S Buff, a 1922 Canadian nickel, a wing pendant, and costume ring that is marked 14K but certainly is not! Neat thing about the Canadian nickel is that up till 1921 they were silver (fish scales) 22 was the first year of the new size, the 21 fish scale is rare and valuable, and unlike the US 75% copper 25% nickels, this one is 99% nickel. Nice day had a good time!
[attachment 291951 DSC00670.JPG]
[attachment 291952 DSC00671.JPG]
[attachment 291953 DSC00672.JPG]

that looked like yours - stamped 14K, all crusty looking. After cleaning & testing to my surprise it was gold. Maybe yours is ??
All in all a good day for you guys, Steve in so la

Very good hunt

n/t

Congrats Mike on getting out with friends and for finding the goodies....sure like that Canadian Nickel! Sure wish I could still get out :detecting: but I am weaker than ever from being ill with Respiratory infections and Bronchitis, although I am better....food tastes better and can eat something more than I could! I am jealous of anyone who can go detecting whether they find something good or not....just to be out swingin' and diggin' would be great for me and others who are like me and can't get out or can't get out as much! May God Bless you and yours! Amen! :angel: Ma

Don't give up Mike on it being gold and maybe a nice diamond in it....have it cleaned and checked first before giving up, because I think it looks good enough to find out about it for sure! Good luck and God Bless you with a nice goodie now or later! Amen! :angel: Ma